NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11013221_10102111469031342_2278304446400

That secondary logo... what the hell are they doing?

Per the team:

"The Hawks also unveiled a completely new secondary logo that pays tribute to the history of the city of Atlanta. The wings of a Hawk lift a basketball engulfed in flames, symbolizing how the city of Atlanta rose from the ashes to become one of the nation’s leading international cities."

The Hawks will also use a Partial Primary logo that is the same Pacman logo we saw used last year. I bet that will be used more than this secondary logo will be anyway. This logo is just to meet the NBA rules for a logo with a basketball included.

11013221_10102111469031342_2278304446400

That secondary logo... what the hell are they doing?

Per the team:

"The Hawks also unveiled a completely new secondary logo that pays tribute to the history of the city of Atlanta. The wings of a Hawk lift a basketball engulfed in flames, symbolizing how the city of Atlanta rose from the ashes to become one of the nation’s leading international cities."

The Hawks will also use a Partial Primary logo that is the same Pacman logo we saw used last year. I bet that will be used more than this secondary logo will be anyway. This logo is just to meet the NBA rules for a logo with a basketball included.

I get what they did. But why? Like, they couldn't come up with ANYTHING better? Not even a better rendering or a cleaner look? It looks like something I drew in 3rd grade.

FWIW, I don't think the Finals patch on the Warriors player tees are legit. Multiple sites are selling the patch in my avatar as the 2015 patch.

Still don't know where it will be located on the unis.

yea the official logo sheet for the Finals lists that graphic in your ava as the "patch" so i'd say it will be used. not sure about where, though.

Oh awesome. Where can you find this?

The new uniforms will be unveiled before the draft and are "the most modern and cutting edge in the NBA"

Here's the new uniform. Colors I'm not sure of because the leaked Christmas jerseys have semi-tweaked colors. I can't see them adding green on their regulars because it will look hideous, but I expect that pattern to be used like it is here. So might as well call it a leak...

Hawks-Christmas-Uniform-2015-590x609.jpg

FWIW, I don't think the Finals patch on the Warriors player tees are legit. Multiple sites are selling the patch in my avatar as the 2015 patch.

Still don't know where it will be located on the unis.

yea the official logo sheet for the Finals lists that graphic in your ava as the "patch" so i'd say it will be used. not sure about where, though.

Oh awesome. Where can you find this?
am I the only one who thinks that the ball finals logo looks asymmetrical? Always bothered me

GO NETS.

The new uniforms will be unveiled before the draft and are "the most modern and cutting edge in the NBA"

Here's the new uniform. Colors I'm not sure of because the leaked Christmas jerseys have semi-tweaked colors. I can't see them adding green on their regulars because it will look hideous, but I expect that pattern to be used like it is here. So might as well call it a leak...

Hawks-Christmas-Uniform-2015-590x609.jpg

The script and numbers will be different but that's probably 75% of the final product. I fully expect to see that pattern on the new set.

GO NETS.

Well, well, well yet another roundel. I have never been a fan of the roundel logos with the team name on the outside in any sense, so I am not a fan of this logo. "Basketball club"? Why do so many teams seem to think they're in the English Premier League when creating their logos? I like the return of the pac-man, and the lime green adds a nice unique element. As for the alternate, I actually like it quite a bit despite the fact that it looks like the logo for a chicken wing restaurant. So for the Hawks new look, I am relatively ok with it despite my disappointment stemming from the roundel.

The new pattern, in dark grey ("charcoal") is now the background of the Hawks membership page, so I'd say yes, I'd expect to see that application on the new uniforms.

Can you post it? I looked all over their site and couldn't find it.

The new pattern, in dark grey ("charcoal") is now the background of the Hawks membership page, so I'd say yes, I'd expect to see that application on the new uniforms.

Here you go:

HAWKS.PNG

spacer.png

Here you go:

HAWKS.PNG

There's no pattern with the little triangles.

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/605424757563990016

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/605424757563990016

I'm guessing maybe the use of triangles is a reference to their history? They started as the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.

Archived