NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Well, the Bucks unis were just unveiled and they are absolutely stunning. Kudos to them for the great update/upgrade to their identity.

Now let's get ready for the absolute $**tstorm when the Clippers, Hawks and Raptors unveil their abominations.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the Bucks unis were just unveiled and they are absolutely stunning. Kudos to them for the great update/upgrade to their identity.

Now let's get ready for the absolute $**tstorm when the Clippers, Hawks and Raptors unveil their abominations.

I got my raincoat and umbrella for it!! It only goes downhill from here.
shado_logo.gif

I got my raincoat and umbrella for it!! It only goes downhill from here.

I thought I heard that the Clippers' uni's were staying the same except for the script

GO NETS.

The biggest issue they need to address is where the offensive player jumps forward or sideways into the defender to "draw a foul."

Also, there needs to be SOME consistency with the referee crews. The only consistency is that they are inconsistent.

lol, I wonder why someone from Cleveland would post this... :D

#MozgovDidntTravel

He absolutely did. I believe he hopped twice. That being said, traveling happens on nearly every possession, including Lebron routinely running from the perimeter to dunk without the ball touching the ground. The problem is, like he said, consistency. As much as that was traveling, they could have called traveling 30 other times that game.

I was kidding. Cleveland fans need at least one thing to blame the loss on, right?

spacer.png

while looking at the catalog, the nuggets have recently changed up the yellow alt a little bit

Not just the yellow. They are tweaking all three jerseys and getting a new alt (most likely a navy city pride jersey).

The changes to the existing jerseys are:

- New script fonts for home/road.

- New number font for all jerseys

- Now using retro font for yellow alt.

- Scripts are now yellow on home/road

- Numbers are now navy on home/road

- Navy replaces yellow on home/road collars

- Navy arm trim on home/road

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-06%20at%2011.08.

It's really interesting that they would make yellow more prominent on the scripts, but then minimize it in favor of navy on the numbers and collar/sleeve trim.

Also, the updated fonts may mean a slightly tweaked primary logo for next year.

jNTsTyQ.png

while looking at the catalog, the nuggets have recently changed up the yellow alt a little bit

Not just the yellow. They are tweaking all three jerseys and getting a new alt (most likely a navy city pride jersey).

The changes to the existing jerseys are:

- New script fonts for home/road.

- New number font for all jerseys

- Now using retro font for yellow alt.

- Scripts are now yellow on home/road

- Numbers are now navy on home/road

- Navy replaces yellow on home/road collars

- Navy arm trim on home/road

It's really interesting that they would make yellow more prominent on the scripts, but then minimize it in favor of navy on the numbers and collar/sleeve trim.

Also, the updated fonts may mean a slightly tweaked primary logo for next year.

Downgrade, IMO. Home and road uniforms look pretty generic, but this is the NBA, so I guess it's normal?

Their old navy alternate is one of my favorite looks for them:

kscgfw5g5ne526e5riseieg7k.gif

... as well as the previous gold alternates:

4194_denver_nuggets-alternate-2013.gif

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Nuggets have progressively looked worse since the NBA switched to the Revolution 30 template.

*Should note a few things: 1.) I'm a Melo fan, so I loved this team for 8 years; 2.) that just before the switch to the aforementioned template, the team ditched royal blue in favor of navy, which was an upgrade and tied the alternate in to the rest of the set; and 3.) the dark blue jersey was amazing. I sometimes wondered how that script/font on the home/road would look.

First, they got rid of the shimmer fabric (which I think looked perfect and only worked for a team in snowy Denver) and slightly switched the collar and sleeve trim by adding yellow to the home and alternate and white to the road. It looked especially bad on the arm holes of the road because the yellow looked far superior to the the current white.

Dropping the dark blue jersey in favor of the fauxback was a sidestep, in my opinion. I think the overall look was a downgrade, but the nostalgia of the rainbow makes it a push. It, however, also suffers from the same collar issues.

Now, every change for next year is a downgrade. The increased dark blue and different colors between the wordmark and numbers are an eyesore, and the collar issue only becomes more prominent. I understand the desire to create another link between the alternate and throwback, but the font change is unnecessary.

Lastly, I reserve judgement on the font, since we only see "00" at the moment. /rant

Hey guys! So I've come across something to make me believe that the Hawks' third colour may be more green than yellow. Mitchell&Ness came out with a line of highlighter style hats (below) and they're just neon versions of the team's color (bulls=pink;warriors=royal blue;lakers=neon yellow). For the Hawks, they have a neon green hat much like the Celtics and Bucks. This could mean nothing but I thought it was some cool potential foreshadowing.

It made me also think that maybe Atlanta is gonna go with green to symbolize the fact that Atlanta is also known as "The City in the Forest." Kind of the same reason why Milwaukee added blue to their colour scheme for their state's borders being almost all lakes?

Link to the Hats: http://m.lids.com/Mitchell-and-Ness/Style_NBA-Highlight-Snapback-Cap

Archived