NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let it be known that whoever gets the NBA uniform contract won't ever be as awful as Champion was at having replicas, where they didn't bother making it look like the actual on court uniform.

Forgot their worst-looking example:

il_570xN.746954383_dpts.jpg

il_570xN.485569429_e6gk.jpg

These suck because the authentic ones are so awesome. If the authentic ones didn't have the cool arched background, then, besides the color, these would've been accurate. (I don't know what the back of these replicas look like, so I can't how accurate they are.)

Either way, if Seattle can only get a team if players wore these monstrosities, I'm sure the city and its fans would still take it.

Let it be known that whoever gets the NBA uniform contract won't ever be as awful as Champion was at having replicas, where they didn't bother making it look like the actual on court uniform.

Forgot their worst-looking example:

il_570xN.746954383_dpts.jpg

il_570xN.485569429_e6gk.jpg

These suck because the authentic ones are so awesome. If the authentic ones didn't have the cool arched background, then, besides the color, these would've been accurate. (I don't know what the back of these replicas look like, so I can't how accurate they are.)

Either way, if Seattle can only get a team if players wore these monstrosities, I'm sure the city and its fans would still take it.

The back of these replicas looked exactly like the front (with player name). You can see Kendall Gill's name on the back of the white one.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So was it just Mike Miller or did they all do this?

https://twitter.com/AsherFeltman/status/608444957351899136/photo/1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I actually have a champion Charles Barkley blue Rockets jersey and I personally think it looks better without the pinstripes. Score one for the lazy replicas

Got the same in an Olajuwon. Ugly logo on the front but I still rock it.

Here's the Drexler one

087bc2c3cbee1ee213b2083c2faafb75.jpg

I actually have a champion Charles Barkley blue Rockets jersey and I personally think it looks better without the pinstripes. Score one for the lazy replicas

Got the same in an Olajuwon. Ugly logo on the front but I still rock it.

Here's the Drexler one

087bc2c3cbee1ee213b2083c2faafb75.jpg

I'm sure at the time sublimation technology wasn't what it is today, so they couldn't do the graphics very well on that paper thin fabric. They had to screen on what they could. I know the European replicas were a lot more accurate but if I remember correctly they also used a bit thicker mesh fabric for theirs.

Wonder what the Sixers would use as a uni slogan...

We The People?

We the People was the opening of a document written in 1787. Something from the Declaration of Independence, written in 1776, would be more fitting.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived