Josh.0

NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

I remember a while back the Sixers held a PC at their practice facility and showcased some retired player numbers on banners with a different number font that was more like the 2000 team's numbers, but not italicized. I wonder if maybe they are bringing that font in...?

The Sixers are a RWB team. It doesn't matter if the Pistons and Wizards use it.

Absolutely. Teams can have the same color scheme and look entirely different. Nobody confuses the NY Rangers and the Canadiens. Besides, the Pistons have used royal blue as the primary color and the Sixers have more often than not used red as the primary. And the Wizards' current set is such a unique mess that they're not going to get confused for anybody else.

How about a mash up of this:

900%20AI%20Game%203.jpg

and this:

Iverson_Rookie_Front.jpg47181637a883a_40147n.jpg

Fix the wordmark so it looks less cluttered a you have a winner.

I remember a while back the Sixers held a PC at their practice facility and showcased some retired player numbers on banners with a different number font that was more like the 2000 team's numbers, but not italicized. I wonder if maybe they are bringing that font in...?

Brjxab1CcAADR72.png

Oh this? They ain't bad 'tho.

Probably.

I would want to see what a REAL game looks like between these guys. LeBron vs KD, Paul vs Kyrie, Wall vs Lillard... I want to see who has actual handles, who can actually hit a pull up jumper with a hand in their face, who can slice the defense and get to the hoop.

Fortunately for you, the NBA plays a round-robin schedule, so you can see each of those individual matchups every year.

But its not LeBron, Kyrie, Wall, Gasol, Carmello vs KD, Paul, Lillard, Aldridge, Dirk... Its Dirk and Carmello, or Kyrie and Paul.

I agree, people go to see Lob City... but again, the boyhood fantasy of seeing all these guys play together is seeing how good they COULD be. Oh, LeBron scores 27 a game with 2 or 3 good players and a bunch of mid to low level guys? Lets see what he can do when you put him with a top 5 PG, a top 5 SG a top 5 PF and a top 5 C. That's the wonder and awe that you have as a child. When you are in elementary school and you see all the ally-oops and half court shots and joking around... its great, its fun, its a fantasy come true... but its all out of naivety. When you get to be an adult, it just isn't entertaining. I sit there and literally think... I could get 10-15 points with that defense. So, why should I even watch? The better shooting and the better dunks are on Saturday night.

_____

Anyway... I'm doing what I always b!tch about on here and that's getting off topic.

I'm glad to see the ASG uniforms were much better on TV than they were in detail. I LOVED the big numbers on the front, but I would have liked to see EAST or WEST going down the sides of the jersey or shorts since it wasn't anywhere else on the uniform. The gray pattern stars were terrible choice. They should have made those the team colors. And the shameless Adidas 3 stripes around the bottom of the shorts was wayyy more distracting than I originally thought.

When you get to be an adult, you start watching C-SPAN and The Weather Channel a lot more often than you'd like to admit. And yes, when I watch WSOP, I also think to myself, "yeah, I could hang with these guys."

If you want to see how good these All-Stars are, you don't watch the All-Star Game: you watch them play with their own teammates. And if you want people to play hard, you watch the Olympics. And there's a reason why Nowitzki, Kobe, Pau, Ginobili and others are so worn out is because if they go deep into the playoffs AND they play for their own country, pretty soon their bodies will betray them. But even the Olympics tournament is still really just an exhibition tournament. Yes, there are bragging rights, but it's a lot of luck and politics, as well. And then there are the friendly exhibition games prior to the Olympics, which is where Paul George got his devastating injury. Soon, Durant and others pulled out. Then you wonder why people don't mind not playing (or not playing hard) in the All-Star Game, especially those who have been good enough to be voted on or chosen by the coaches. Coaches and fantasy league people hate the possibility of a freak accident happening to their player. It will not only cost them their jobs, it might prematurely end a player's career.

Putting the best players without egos together will get you the 1992 Dream Team. Putting the best individual players and not giving them time to practice and gel will get you a bronze--if you're lucky. (See: 2002 FIBA Tournament.)

Getting back to topic, the NYC 15 on the side of the waistbands looked weird, like they're a last-second addition or something.

And let's hope the Sixers get it right this time. Any of the Dr. J-era or Wilt jerseys will be fine with me.

Tough to imagine new Sixers unis looking radically different if they're not going with a wholesale rebranding. Personally hoping for a return to red aways; the blue is nice but only as an alternate, imho.

^They're both black and say Wolves but umm pretty different

If you remove the white outline outside the words and the numbers it would be even more similar. But the simpler neck collar on the sleeved jersey would be an improvement, IMO.

I would love to see a white, sleeveless version of this:

Actually, I didn't see the "white" part of that wishlist.

Sleeveless or sleeved, either way, Kevin Garnett will be donning a Wolves jersey again soon.

wUmGlax.jpg

EDIT: Oops, meant to put this in this season's thread.

Looks like the 80s Phoenix font. Gray and copper tones.

It'd be great if the Suns realized that a little purple would be awesome.

wUmGlax.jpg

EDIT: Oops, meant to put this in this season's thread.

So, is Phoenix the last team to unveil their pride uniforms for this season or are there others that aren't out yet?