NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

For those who don't wanna click the link this is a summation of sorts Le7u8bT.jpg

Is there any news on the teams that haven't shown their changes?

I'm curious about the Rockets. Home+Road silhouette is the jersey cut change right? Stretch? What is that? Latin Nights uniform? Alt 2, is this a completely new alternate uniform added to the alt 1 red/yellow they already have? Pride is the only one i'm clued in on being a yellow sleeved "Clutch City" uniform.

Anyone got any info on the other changes they are making?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who don't wanna click the link this is a summation of sorts Le7u8bT.jpg

I'm curious about the Rockets. Home+Road silhouette is the jersey cut change right? Stretch? What is that? Latin Nights uniform? Alt 2, is this a completely new alternate uniform added to the alt 1 red/yellow they already have? Pride is the only one i'm clued in on being a yellow sleeved "Clutch City" uniform.

The definition of each jersey is actually under each heading. It actually explains it. Not trying to be a smart ass. But here we go.

Stretch unis: Holiday uniforms (Christmas,St Patrick's Day,Latin Nights,etc)

Pride: Sleeved variations of the uniforms that can be a completely different uniform template than the regular set.

Alt 1- light colored alternate uniforms such as Cavs Gold,Nuggets gold, Hornets Teal, Suns Orange..etc..Alternate unis that can be worn at home. Maybe a Rockets yellow uniform.

Alt 2- alt unis that can be worn on the road ..dark colored alts..etc Rockets "Houston" red&yellow alt goes under this category.

Now as for the other new uniforms such as Houston's silhouette wordmarks and Pride unis..we don't know yet

shado_logo.gif

The definition of each jersey is actually under each heading. It actually explains it. Not trying to be a smart ass. But here we go.

Pride: Sleeved variations of the uniforms that can be a completely different uniform template than the regular set.

Alt 1- light colored alternate uniforms such as Cavs Gold,Nuggets gold, Hornets Teal, Suns Orange..etc..Alternate unis that can be worn at home. Maybe a Rockets yellow uniform.

Alt 2- alt unis that can be worn on the road ..dark colored alts..etc Rockets "Houston" red&yellow alt goes under this category.

Now as for the other new uniforms such as Houston's silhouette wordmarks and Pride unis..we don't know yet

So Alt 2 is a new alternate then? They wouldn't just list their current alternate in that category if it's for teams making changes right? I do remember back someone saying the Rockets were doing a red and white version of their current alternate and scrapping the red and yellow altogether. Hope this isn't true.

I thought Buzz City was just the marketing push for the Bobcats transition to Hornets.

Charlotte's the Queen City, along with Cincinnati, right?

Love those colors together. Just not for the Hornets. Or Jaguars. Mostly the Marlins.

Players and fans here in Charlotte like the Buzz City name.

EVOLUTION OF EVERY NBA TEAM'S LOGO

EvergreenUnrealisticCricket.gif

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2520160-redditor-creates-gif-showing-evolution-of-every-nba-teams-logo

This is sweet..should be put on the mothership (main website)

Would've been a lot cooler if it went year-by-year and new teams jumped in when they came along. Alas, it's still pretty cool, but death to BleacherReport.

spacer.png

The Bulls changes are so provocative. Seriously though, it's impressive that they've had the same logo for nearly 50 years.

This also made me realize I miss the old Heat logo.

Yep, the Bulls are the only team in the entire NBA to have never changed their logo in any fashion. Not even a team like the Celtics or Lakers have avoided change.

bSLCtu2.png

The Bulls changes are so provocative. Seriously though, it's impressive that they've had the same logo for nearly 50 years.

This also made me realize I miss the old Heat logo.

Yep, the Bulls are the only team in the entire NBA to have never changed their logo in any fashion. Not even a team like the Celtics or Lakers have avoided change.

Good observations. Honorable mention to the Heat, Pacers, Celtics, Trail Blazers, Suns, Magic (somewhat), Spurs (ditto), Lakers (though it's lame), and Knicks (ditto) for sticking to the basic premise of their design for their entire lives. The constant tweaking and occasional rebrands are what prevents the NBA from having timeless looks like the other leagues.

This made me realize that the OKC part of the Thunder's logo mimics a couple of old Sonics logos. The slight arch and fading to the right, Maybe it's just my eyes wanting to see it, who knows.

This made me realize that the OKC part of the Thunder's logo mimics a couple of old Sonics logos. The slight arch and fading to the right, Maybe it's just my eyes wanting to see it, who knows.

Holy crap, you're right with this one!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

So Alt 2 is a new alternate then? They wouldn't just list their current alternate in that category if it's for teams making changes right? I do remember back someone saying the Rockets were doing a red and white version of their current alternate and scrapping the red and yellow altogether. Hope this isn't true.

Look again guys - The Rockets do not have an Alt 1. They only have Alt 2, which is the same Red/Yellow alt currently being used. Silhouette is the new cut, already breifly exhibited in the Christmas jersey leak. "Stretch" is the holiday/heritage-themed mod jerseys ("Los Rockets" jersey in this particular case). Pride is referring to the Yellow Clutch City jersey, the only new uni we have yet to see, which won't be revealed until media day. Aside from a few minor modifications to font/numbers, this is what you'll see from H-Town in 2015.

NYCdog.png

EVOLUTION OF EVERY NBA TEAM'S LOGOEvergreenUnrealisticCricket.gifhttp://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2520160-redditor-creates-gif-showing-evolution-of-every-nba-teams-logo

This is sweet..should be put on the mothership (main website)

I love how rapidly the Hawks and Kings have to change to show all of the logos they've had throughout the years.
Funnily enough the Kings have the second oldest logo in the league...

Archived