NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the like for the Clippers court at all.

1. The black has no place in that brand, and they make it that prevalent on the court? [insert Donald Sterling joke here.]

2. Anything with that logo is atrocious.

3. Agreed that C IPPERS N TION will be how it reads with the washed-out blue on black.

4. Court ads much? Considering the hype over jersey ads, the league kinda sneaked court ads in under the radar. I think Orlando has them too, where everyone else has "nba.com/team" or "@team" by the benches.

Considering the hype over jersey ads, the league kinda sneaked court ads in under the radar. I think Orlando has them too, where everyone else has "nba.com/team" or "@team" by the benches.

I've seen several teams having them on their court.

Considering the hype over jersey ads, the league kinda sneaked court ads in under the radar. I think Orlando has them too, where everyone else has "nba.com/team" or "@team" by the benches.

I've seen several teams having them on their court.

A bunch of teams have had logos on the floor in front of their benches the past couple years. They just can't have them there for national TV games. Miami had, I believe, Samsung during LeBron's last season or two with the Heat, but because so many of their games were on ESPN, TNT, etc., you didn't see those ads on the floor as much.

Does anybody have any speculation as to what OKC's new planned alternate will be?

I didn't ask if anyone has any "news" or w/e because obviously it would be posted if so. What I'm mostly adding on to is from the conversation with HOU about the different alternate designations, and what these would mean for OKC.

Following this team since its inception, they do things differently. Everyone thought an orange OKC alt was coming in 2012, but a vertical Thunder navy blue jersey was debuted instead. The FO's MO is to always do things, "their way."

Does anybody have any speculation as to what OKC's new planned alternate will be?

I didn't ask if anyone has any "news" or w/e because obviously it would be posted if so. What I'm mostly adding on to is from the conversation with HOU about the different alternate designations, and what these would mean for OKC.

Following this team since its inception, they do things differently. Everyone thought an orange OKC alt was coming in 2012, but a vertical Thunder navy blue jersey was debuted instead. The FO's MO is to always do things, "their way."

They should just burn their entire collection and start over SERIOUSLY

shado_logo.gif

The Clippers' new court:p5wMt1z.jpg

This actually doesn't look half-bad! The only thing I don't like is the swooshes on either side of the "LA CLIPPERS" wordmarks - they're unnecessary and don't look good.

I assume the actual court pics by Markazi are of the practice court. I know it's possible for the practice court to be different from the game court (BKN as an example) but note the differences here:

1: No goofy nautical bull$h*t on the baseline.

2: only "Clippers" - not LA Clippers - under the basket.

3: inside the arc is LA Clippers in red/blue.

https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/622484321530556416

NYCdog.png

i really hate the suns' look during summer league - it is devoid of all color. I know they were trying to go black and orange until the last minute decision to include purple, but this is just over the top:

335wide

i hope it isn't a sign of future designs

NOB is Orange.

Speaking of Agency font, the Pacers are going to wear the uniforms that Hickory wore in the movie Hoosiers for a few games. I've never heard of such a thing in pro sports. It's pretty cool but I'm worried this will open the floodgates to the unique ideas that have been going around in Minor League Hockey/Baseball as of late.

CKcNJVhWIAAwMGt.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

yes, this was my first thought! Seems like a minor league baseball thing. But at the rate MLB is going, might see Avengers unis for the Mets in the future.

Pacers are going to wear the uniforms that Hickory wore in the movie Hoosiers for a few games. I've never heard of such a thing in pro sports. It's pretty cool but I'm worried this will open the floodgates to the ideas that have been going around in Minor League Hockey/Baseball as of late.

CKcNJVhWIAAwMGt.jpg

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Yeah, I get the nostalgic sportsfeels for the Hickory uniform, but we've zoomed straight past "ads on jerseys" right to "advertising-themed uniform". This is a partnership with MGM to market a movie on its 30th anniversary. It's garbage.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

CKcNJVhWIAAwMGt.jpg

Well y'all can hate it if you want to but as a Pacer fan and Hoosier, I love it! And I'm pretty sure that most fellow Pacers fans will feel the same way. Although it does say something when the fan base gets this excited for FloJo/Hoosiers throwbacks....

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

Archived