NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Agency font, the Pacers are going to wear the uniforms that Hickory wore in the movie Hoosiers for a few games. I've never heard of such a thing in pro sports. It's pretty cool but I'm worried this will open the floodgates to the unique ideas that have been going around in Minor League Hockey/Baseball as of late.

CKcNJVhWIAAwMGt.jpg

I think there is a big difference between a legendary sports/cultural movie, originating from the same state compared to some random AA team doing Star Wars night.

CKcNJVhWIAAwMGt.jpg

Well y'all can hate it if you want to but as a Pacer fan and Hoosier, I love it! And I'm pretty sure that most fellow Pacers fans will feel the same way. Although it does say something when the fan base gets this excited for FloJo/Hoosiers throwbacks....

I love the look, it just doesn't fit in Big 4 sports IMO. If they did an inspired Pacers jersey with that look I don't think I'd have a problem with it. But, yeah, no. Too gimmicky.

Ok... so when are the Hornets doing Space Jam unis! :lol:

This. :lol::lol::lol:

Speaking of Agency font, the Pacers are going to wear the uniforms that Hickory wore in the movie Hoosiers for a few games. I've never heard of such a thing in pro sports. It's pretty cool but I'm worried this will open the floodgates to the unique ideas that have been going around in Minor League Hockey/Baseball as of late.

CKcNJVhWIAAwMGt.jpg

I think there is a big difference between a legendary sports/cultural movie, originating from the same state compared to some random AA team doing Star Wars night.

Yes. That difference being you could look the other way on the Star Wars jerseys because it's a minor league team constantly struggling for relevance. There's no reason at all for the Pacers to wear this set. It's beneath them. And again, you said they're representing a movie, not the actual event. The actual team on which the movie was based wore black and yellow. That being said, throwing back to an actual high school team would be less pathetic and throwing back to a movie, but not by much.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

CKcNJVhWIAAwMGt.jpg

This is the moment where alternate uniforms SHARKED THE JUMP. Now, where's the GIF?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Looks like the Clippers will be introducing their free agent signings today. Maybe we'll see the new jerseys IRL?

CKc5gT4UEAA_RYw.jpg

That's weird - the numbers on the jerseys being sold online have blue outlines:

http://clippersstore.com/collections/jerseys

None of the jerseys they've shown at press conferences have had outlined numbers, though, not even Lance's.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Can we call this the first instance of advertising on NBA uniforms? It isn't a patch with an ad on a jersey, but the entire uniform is an advertisement for a movie. I was really stunned to see Paul #NoUniAds Lukas slobbering over these and approving wholeheartedly. (Then again, he's a hypocrite anyway, so I'm not sure why I was surprised).

I think the Hickory Huskers/ Pacers unis are great! But, like I said, I think this is going to open up to more ficitonal teams like Flint Tropics unis for the Pistons

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I could live with this as a one-off if I did not fear a "can of worms" effect.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived