NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I've decided to sue the Clippers, since I swear to God everything that's come out of this identity is something I drew up myself in a middle school notebook (and then threw out because it looked so amateurish)

Can we call this the first instance of advertising on NBA uniforms?

No. It's just a tribute to a movie that came out in 1986 and is consisdered the greatest sports movie of all-time. That's all it is. I don't like the insane Star Wars uniform stuff in Minor League Baseball but I also know that it isn't an "evil corporate ploy" and is literally just the team trying to make a day fun and unique out of the long season.

First off, it's 100% for the money. Every uniform created since the 90's has been, absolutely, 100% about squeezing every last cent possible out of the consumer. And whether the movie is considered great or not (I've never heard it called the greatest sports movie of all-time), the fact of the matter is they're wearing something fictional off of a piece of media. These uniforms are not what the original team wore. If they're getting any money for the movie studio to do this, then it's undoubtably an advertisement, and one more blatant than I could have ever imagined.

Also it's going to be worn more then once, so it's not just a "fun" one-time special event.

Wearing these even a couple times is so much better than having "MGM Studios" on their chest for 82 games. And for that, you've got to give them props. The Pacers and the NBA have found another way to ease us into accepting jersey ads. They are experts at this and are making it so the average sports fan won't even notice when the Golden Archesâ„¢ are on the shoulder of Joakim Noah's Bulls jersey. Honestly if they can do more "hidden" plugs like this to make ad revenue I'd be supportive. If the alternative is ads on the front of jerseys then I'd take almost anything.

Hearing rumors around here that the Jazz are promoting the current note/wordmark to primary status (which should've happened in 2010 anyways) and getting a new secondary logo either this offseason or next. No word on any other changes.

are the nuggets doing the same with their alt logo

Someone send me this, I don't know if it's reliable but for me it looks legit because from Hawks to 76ers it is correct.
I want the raptors to add purple but based on this, they will not add purple anymore.

NOLA's jersey is the only thing I like on the pride uniforms.
and from HWC is the rookie jordan jersey.

EDIT: I can now confirm that this is legit because the image comes from a person who can choose which jersey can be in the Adidas stores.

CjNjFuV.jpg

Lot of interesting uniforms on that^. OKC and Miami both look decently promising with their new alternate uniforms. I'm intrigued by a few of the pride uniforms, and I'm definitely a fan of the Cavs' stretch uniform. I can already tell I won't be a fan of Houston's new alt uniform, and same goes for Detroit's. Also, the Wizards' pride uniform looks interesting to say the least.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Someone send me this, I don't know if it's reliable but for me it looks legit because from Hawks to 76ers it is correct.

I want the raptors to add purple but based on this, they will not add purple anymore.

EDIT: I can now confirm that this is legit because the image comes from a person who can choose which jersey can be in the Adidas stores in Taiwan.

CjNjFuV.jpg

So the Bucks alternate has the deer head on it...interesting!

Yes forgot to mention that Miami's and OKC's alternate uniform.

EDIT: I can now confirm that this is legit because the image comes from a person who can choose which jersey can be in the Adidas stores in Taiwan.

CjNjFuV.jpg

So the Bucks alternate has the deer head on it...interesting!

And a number above the head. Inside the antler.

I assume that the stripe on the Wizards' pride uni jerseys will line up with the shorts -- like the original uni they pay homage to:

wes_unseld_1970_11_01.jpg

But in the image, they don't quite line up (ala that terrible navy Thunders alt). Hopefully that's just a flaw in the rendering, not in the actual design.

That being said, I might actually cop that Wizards pride jersey. I hate sleeved unis, but they *are* easier to wear around.

As one of the few remaining Pistons fans, this is easily just another attempt by the franchise to make a quick buck. It's disgusting, if Gores and the front office want to issue another stupid alternate jersey then at least come up with something original. That's a Summer League jersey at best.

Archived