NBA Uniform Concepts - A Color Balanced NBA

Fifty8_Black O

Well the Wizards went with the stark difference of gold and black. Not saying that's where they need to be, but being the Wizards doesn't have to fit the patriotic theme even tho they play in D.C. Philly makes sense because that's US History... Wizards can go a few ways just not exactly sure where. Otherwise, you did phenomenally. Impossible feat achieved!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not sure why everyone wants the Bucks to add hunter orange. They team is named after deer, not the rednecks who try to kill them.

This is true, but Hawks arent red and yellow, Hornets aren't purple and teal and I've never seen a blue Grizzlie Bear. Not trying to sound condescending but it's not supposed to match the animal but instead give it an identity. Hunter orange has always made sense to me due to the local ties. I've often heard it joked that it's the unofficial third color of the packers. Just makes sense and IMO would be a really cool look.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not saying the Bucks should wear brown because real life bucks are brown or anything like that. But blaze orange is associated with the biggest predator of the whitetail deer (humans/hunters). It'd be more like the Oklahoma Sooners incorporating Texas orange into their uniforms.

As far as blaze orange being the Packers' third color... Green Bay is not Milwaukee and deer hunting is a much, MUCH bigger deal up there than it is downstate. For the most part, the only people who even care about hunting in Milwaukee are transplants from up north and retired people with nothing better to do.

All that said, I could see the Bucks putting out gear of some type with hunter orange to try and sell merch upstate, and this is your concept. That still doesn't mean I have to like it. :P

You're absolutely right and if you don't like it thats fair...just don't tell me and ruin my day B) haha but really thanks for the input. I was mostly basing the addition of orange off of seeing it done and liking the look and not knowing the area as well as you do making assumptions based of what I've heard elsewhere. Perhaps I'll have a change of heart by the time I get to MIL. I still am committed to an irish rainbow update and I'd like to include a complementary color to break up all the green, perhaps you have a suggestion?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask that question to since I love the double green enough that it's all I want to see the Bucks use, but if I had to suggest anything, I'd say try the gold/tan color from the Bucks original logo.

milwaukee_bucks_logo11.png

I liked the uniqueness of the original Wizards colors a lot. I think that if they weren't wearing RWB in this universe then they'd be in the old colors. However I just couldn't bring myself to make the change.

I think the biggest thing holding me back from changing the Wiz is that I truly love the uniforms they have currently. I think I have a solution to separate the Wiz and the 6ers, but since they are both in the bottom half of the list it might be a while before I get there (that's called a tease folks).

Needless to say, I'm intrigued with what you could come up with jersey wise using these colors. I do agree and think that Brooklyn could use a lighter grey here, and it'd be preferable to have the cursive "Nets" script on the home, but it does look good. I did notice that you have Orlando dropping the blue and going with something closer to indigo or purple. That'll be interesting to see for sure.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

On to Charlotte

CHARLOTTE HORNETS

For the most part its the uniform they have now. I put the stripes on both sides because thats my biggest irritation with the current set, although I have my days where I think the asymmetry is neat. I took away the white uniform because the Hornets seem to prefer the teal anyways. Hornets is on both uniforms, as is the side profile bee. Hem and sleeve stripe matches the collar for consistency.

FbqwWA7.jpg

Thoughts? Next is Chicago, which is staying the same but I decided for fairness sake I'd still post them as well as Boston who I previously skipped.

I'd make the numbers match the letters. I don't think the color by itself stands out very much.

That's actually a quirk I kept from the real set. Most folks don't care for it either but I actually really really love it. Can't explain why. I still think it stands out just fine and I don't think white numbers would look good as far as color balance on each uniform goes.

Love the Hornets..the pinstripes on BOTH sides work. But how come no outlines on the numbers?

I left the outline off the numbers first because as I said before its a quirk I like from the current set, and admittedly I don't know why I like it so much but I really think it makes the numbers look so much more clean. I think maybe because the numbers are so "heavy" to begin with an outline would make them look even thicker. Secondly I tried and nothing really looked better than numbers without the outline. I tried to outline the numbers in white and it looked silly with the white from the wordmark. I tried white numbers to match the wordmark outlined in the same color as the wordmark and I didn't think that looked good as a whole. That was just the thought process behind it.

IMO, the Wizards should be blue, gold, and black.

I like blue, gold and purple for the Wizards...traditional wizard colors.

That's a very interesting idea. I've been playing with the Wiz and it's just so hard for me to do anything other than RWB with them. But I am considering other options. This is definitely one I'll give a shot. I'll probably end up with a few different sets for them and post them all to see what direction is worth taking.

I don't see what's the big deal with Philly and Washington both having RWB as there colors. 2/30 is a pretty good ratio if you ask me. It's also hard to complain considering both teams have pretty good unis.

Agreed. The most likely outcome is both teams using a different variation of RWB.

A little update CLE and DAL will be up tonight. Still haven't finished BOS or CHI but since there's no real changes there's no sense in holding on to the ones I've been sitting on.

Archived