Knicks Owner to Fan: "Start Rooting for the Nets Because the Knicks Don't Want You"

Gothamite

More to my point, I'm not saying Reinsdorf should be sainted. But there might be a handful of other basketball organizations which have been better run over the last thirty years. The only way his name shows up on a list of worst owners is if you're taking a poll exclusively of 40-somethings from Schaumburg who think that a 42 year-old Michael Jordan would have lead the Bulls to a 10-peat in 2005 if not for Jerry being "miserly."

40031993_384x288_generated.jpg

"Minimum 30-peat."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yes, I, too would like to congratulate Jerry Reinsdorf on signing Michael Jordan's paychecks. I don't think anyone did it better. Since then, the Bulls have been a moribund organization hamstrung by ill-placed loyalty, crippling power plays, and a general sense of complacence. Great owners don't sign off on "come watch us suck against superstars" ad campaigns, great owners don't hire blithering idiots to coach the team so that they don't have to hurt a friend's feelings by firing him later on. It's weird how Sox/Bulls fans are both split right down the middle on whether to defend Reinsdorf or assail him, but here we are.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

More to my point, I'm not saying Reinsdorf should be sainted. But there might be a handful of other basketball organizations which have been better run over the last thirty years. The only way his name shows up on a list of worst owners is if you're taking a poll exclusively of 40-somethings from Schaumburg who think that a 42 year-old Michael Jordan would have lead the Bulls to a 10-peat in 2005 if not for Jerry being "miserly."

The Bulls have 1 (losing) trip to the Conference finals since Jordan retired. In light of the theoretical institutional advantages possessed by this large market team and its presence in the Eastern Conference, you've gotta say that's a bad run.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The points on Thibs are valid. I'm disappointed he hasn't seemed to learn that the 1-seeds earned the Bulls nothing.

Too many games that were out of hand that the starters stayed in just so they could close to within 9 before hitting a wall and losing anyway. And maybe they stole a few on the way to 62-20, but who cares if you are out 4-1 to a lower seed in the playoffs.

I think players are self-regulating this year, taking nights off on their own and I really hope they turn it on for the playoffs. Thibs' inability to let off the gas likely contributed to Rose's slow return for fear of being worked too hard, but I sure would rather have Rose for the last 20 games than the first 20.

All that said, I don't want Thibs gone. But if he can't discipline himself to ease up once in a while, then I see no issue with the limits being enforced from higher up.

The drama among fans is funny to me. In December, the Bulls are the best ever, then in January the sky is falling. Long season. If anyone should know what a 72-10 team looks like, it's Bulls fans. And if anyone should know the true value of fighting for every win to get a top seed, it's Bulls fans in recent years. So why panic if they are on pace to be a 3 or 4? We know it doesn't matter.

TL;DR I like Thibs. Bulls are fine, maybe better than usual if they can turn it up a notch in April.

Now that Sterling is out, is there any other NBA owner who can challenge Dolan for "worst in the league"?

jimbuss.jpg

Here's an idea Jimmy: forget your whole "I'll resign from the Lakers if they're not in the Conference Finals by 2017" declaration and walk-away now while you still have your ever-diminishing dignity.

Sort of related, but I just sat three seats down from a lunch counter from Herb Kohl... who was wearing a Bucks hat no less... and somehow, I managed not to tell him what a sh~tty owner he was.

Of course, part of me is just impressed that a guy with that much money actually hangs out at the same place as a scuzzy bartending metalhead like me. :D

When you oversee and/or operate a professional sports franchise, it might behoove you to, I don't know... Be more professional.

Dear Mr. Dolan,

What happens when you assume?

That's right, you make an ass out of u and me.

Respectfully,

Everyone who is not you. (Yes, yes, I know... it's to make a point)

When you oversee and/or operate a professional sports franchise, it might behoove you to, I don't know... Be more professional.

Dear Mr. Dolan,

What happens when you assume?

That's right, you make an ass out of u and me.

Respectfully,

Everyone who is not you. (Yes, yes, I know... it's to make a point)

This is, like, the hottest of takes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived