Presenting the UDFA - A fictional football (soccer) League (3/20 - FC Denair Flash 1946)

martymcfry

Let's start with a brief history of Diomede

In 1837, George Williamson III landed on the island of Diomede about 650 miles from San Francisco. Williamson was an American. Clearing the way through the land, Williamson and his men found plenty of green land, and trees. Over the years, plenty of settlers came to Diomede, and the US set up a government. However, the US put little time or resources into the land, and the people of Diomede wanted to govern themselves, believing they could do it better themselves. When the new that the Civil War had broken out reached her, Diomede made plans to evict American governors from the land, believing they now had an advantage they didn't have before. The US sent a few troops there immediately, but eventually pulled them out in favor of placing them in the Civil War. Six months later, Diomede and the US signed a treaty, and Diomede became a sovereign nation, while still heavily relying on the US for resources and military protection. Most of the Diomede exports are to America.

Map:

9bEprp7.png

Like many other countries, sports in the late 1800s had an impact on the culture of Diomede. Football (soccer) was introduced in 1889 by an American from California. Many unofficial exhibition games were played until 1892 when the UDFA was founded to govern Diomede football (soccer). None of the nine original teams still exist.

League Logo:

oc6VYCa.png

Current League Map:

yYf2rHa.png

It looks awesome. I love the 49ers sf giants color combo. I know it wasn't intended for that but it looks good. Is Chevrolet going to be on a different jersey.

Hadn't thought about sponsers a whole lot but maybe I'll do Chevrolet. I can get a vector for any company (see brandsoftheworld.com) so any major company with money to sponsor a team is available. Sprint is the official sponsor of Waynesburgh United.

Awesome choice of colors, just wondering if there is any significance to the sponsors each team has?

No, I'm just randomly choosing them :P

It looks awesome. I love the 49ers sf giants color combo. I know it wasn't intended for that but it looks good. Is Chevrolet going to be on a different jersey.

Hadn't thought about sponsers a whole lot but maybe I'll do Chevrolet. I can get a vector for any company (see brandsoftheworld.com) so any major company with money to sponsor a team is available. Sprint is the official sponsor of Waynesburgh United.

Awesome choice of colors, just wondering if there is any significance to the sponsors each team has?

No, I'm just randomly choosing them :P
cool

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

The sponsor logo is really hard to read. I'd darken it up, or even make it monotone.

For Port Vila or Waynesburgh?
For both, especially on Turbo FC home.

Okay, I'll change that in a little bit. Maybe tomorrow. I've already begun work on FC Denair Flash 1946's crest.

EDIT: Both have been fixed. Flash 1946 will be up tomorrow.

A couple overall comments:

• The flipping of badge and kit logo threw me at first.
  • Unless it’s on a white jersey, using multi-color sponsor logos is not always the best idea. I would consider going one-color for those.

UDFA logo: Association is misspelled. Also, I would reconsider the gradient.

Turbo FC: Refine the flame portion of the badge by giving it angles. It may not have been an inspiration of yours, but the mid-90s Pistons logo came to mind. From a distance, you can tell that’s what it is meant to be, but it doesn’t work in the larger badge. I would also keep the font weight of “EST. 1934” consistent. The kits are fine, but the Microsoft logo is hard to read on the home jersey.

Waynesburgh: Overall, the purple and red is a little jarring on the eyes, but maybe that’s just me. Try a deeper red. That said, the badge is good, but it could use a couple tweaks. Even out the stripes in the badge. Having a bit of the white stripes poking out at top and bottom looks like odd. I might consider just using “Waynesburgh” as the text, for no other reason than it would be easier to read. No big complaint with the kits.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

A couple overall comments:
  • The flipping of badge and kit logo threw me at first.
  • Unless it’s on a white jersey, using multi-color sponsor logos is not always the best idea. I would consider going one-color for those.
UDFA logo: Association is misspelled. Also, I would reconsider the gradient.
Turbo FC: Refine the flame portion of the badge by giving it angles. It may not have been an inspiration of yours, but the mid-90s Pistons logo came to mind. From a distance, you can tell that’s what it is meant to be, but it doesn’t work in the larger badge. I would also keep the font weight of “EST. 1934” consistent. The kits are fine, but the Microsoft logo is hard to read on the home jersey.
Waynesburgh: Overall, the purple and red is a little jarring on the eyes, but maybe that’s just me. Try a deeper red. That said, the badge is good, but it could use a couple tweaks. Even out the stripes in the badge. Having a bit of the white stripes poking out at top and bottom looks like odd. I might consider just using “Waynesburgh” as the text, for no other reason than it would be easier to read. No big complaint with the kits.

Okay, first..

You mean the manufacturer logo? I thought that was the way they always did it.

I'll reconsider the multi-colored logo.

Typed Association wrong. I'll fix that.

I never really thought the Turbo logo was complete. I'll work on fixing that

I always liked the purple/red color scheme. I'm going with some odd color schemes in this one (no team uses red/blue!!!) and I thought it worked well with Waynesburgh.

Thanks for the C&C!

As for the manufacturer logos, from the player's perspective, those are on the right and the badge goes on the left.

I'm not saying red/purple is bad, just that the red seems a little bright is all.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived