2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did you punt Mark Right?

I didn't have a problem with that.

Now, what I do have a problem with is if Mark Richt is Georgia's coach come September 2016. Not a very good eight days for Richt...getting smoked at home to Alabama when you were the favorite, then blowing a 21-point lead to an inferior Tennessee team that's used to wilting in the second half of games.

It's been four defensive coordinators, two offensive coordinators, and I think a couple special teams coaches (and a lengthy stretch where there was no special teams coach), and a helluvah lot of talent, the most in the East division and on par with any school in the conference and the country. At some point, there's got to be the question of "Is it the head coach?".

Jim Donnan got fired because he couldn't beat Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, or Georgia Tech. While Richt has a decent record against those four, there's the losing to Boise State and Colorado and Vanderbilt (twice!) and Kentucky and Central Florida and Missouri. It's the annual losses to a bad team...by double digits. It's the annual hammering in a road game where you should have been much more competitive. It's getting smoked by Alabama at home...twice...and being the favorite both times.

No team is better at "Clemsoning" than Oklahoma

So call it something different. Call it blowing a season after high hopes. Call it anything else, just not that. Teams grow, change, and evolve. That term is thrown around all the time regarding the team, and even the definition changes. From losing to a lesser opponent after a big game, to losing a big game, to losing a game after having a lead. All of those I've heard or seen this season. The team has beaten 33 straight games against unranked opponents, and have beaten Georgia, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame in just the last three years alone. I mean, what else is there that could be done to finally put that term to rest? Y'all can call me a butthurt fan all you want, but there's a point where you can't take it anymore. It's a constant battle for national respect that they can't seem to win.

Anyway, good for Charlie Strong. I want him to succeed. And Wake, always winning games with field goals only since 2006.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

No team is better at "Clemsoning" than Oklahoma

So call it something different. Call it blowing a season after high hopes. Call it anything else, just not that. Teams grow, change, and evolve. That term is thrown around all the time regarding the team, and even the definition changes. From losing to a lesser opponent after a big game, to losing a big game, to losing a game after having a lead. All of those I've heard or seen this season. The team has beaten 33 straight games against unranked opponents, and have beaten Georgia, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame in just the last three years alone. I mean, what else is there that could be done to finally put that term to rest? Y'all can call me a butthurt fan all you want, but there's a point where you can't take it anymore. It's a constant battle for national respect that they can't seem to win.

Anyway, good for Charlie Strong. I want him to succeed. And Wake, always winning games with field goals only since 2006.

"Big Game" Bob Stoops is 6-6 against his last 12 Power 5 opponents.

Per CBS Sports Jon Solomon, Stoops has lost 11 games since 2012 and nine of those defeats were at home or a neutral site.

Richt and Stoops are basically the same coach. A coach who has outstayed his welcome.

Poor Oregon.

In 2OT @ home against Wazzu.

But it's on PAC 12 Network, so nobody is watching.

Washington State wins it. I don't know what to make of Utah's trouncing of Oregon anymore.

Or Michigan State's close win.

I knew I was forgetting something else.

Michigan State hasn't helped matters with some of the close games they've played lately. Michigan looks like the best team in the Big Ten all of a sudden and I'm pretty confident that isn't actually the case, but who knows?

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow. Wake Forest beat Boston College. 3-0. Also, Pirates looking good so far.

Last-minute revision: nvm

Boston College may possibly have the worst offense in the Power 5. It's a shame, because their defense isn't too bad.

Archived