2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the last time I'm commenting on it. None of you people watched Duke's last TD drive. There were a few awful PI calls called on Miami, then Duke's QB ran in a phantom TD because there were no side cameras. Clearly the QB did not get across the goal line. If the refs made the right call there, then the clock would have ran out and no one would be complaining.

I just still can't believe none of you people will admit that it was an amazing and improbable play to end the game. Smh.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

This is the last time I'm commenting on it. None of you people watched Duke's last TD drive. There were a few awful PI calls called on Miami, then Duke's QB ran in a phantom TD because there were no side cameras. Clearly the QB did not get across the goal line. If the refs made the right call there, then the clock would have ran out and no one would be complaining.

I just still can't believe none of you people will admit that it was an amazing and improbable play to end the game. Smh.

The ACC has suspended the officiating crew for two games due to FOUR officiating errors on the kickoff return.

http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-11-01-2015

I watched the game.

Now I'm totally in the camp of not quite being sure Duke's QB crossed the goal line. Generally those goal-line situations don't go to video replay just because there's such a huge mass of humanity that it's awfully tough to overturn the initial ruling. Was a bit surprised they didn't review it, but for the reason I mentioned, I didn't think too much about that.

However, you're going to be standing alone on believing that Miami's return was legit. The conference has admitted that there were two instances where the touchdown should have been disallowed: League video did show that the one player's knee was down (game would have ended at that point) as well as a blocking foul that wasn't called or even flagged (not the same block that was flagged-then-unflagged), in which Miami would have had one untimed down at their own 8-yard line. Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/acc-acknowledges-miami-should-not-have-beaten-duke-on-last-second-play-175828927.html

And, for what it matters, I felt the last Duke drive was officiated fairly. I can say that because I didn't have a rooting interest in the game.

griffinmarlins is usually not your typical Miami fan but he went into full 5 RANG$ YO mode. Jesus.

Yes, block in the back happens all the time. Does that make it legal? Nope. And even if it isn't called (as you pointed out, it's not called all the time), that guy's knee was on the ground at least half a second before his tossed the ball away. The amount of time doesn't matter, just the fact that his knee was down while he had possession.

And I'm not saying this as an FSU fan: yes, Miami is irrelevant now. It's just the truth.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

griffinmarlins is usually not your typical Miami fan but he went into full 5 RANG$ YO mode. Jesus.

Yes, block in the back happens all the time. Does that make it legal? Nope. And even if it isn't called (as you pointed out, it's not called all the time), that guy's knee was on the ground at least half a second before his tossed the ball away. The amount of time doesn't matter, just the fact that his knee was down while he had possession.

And I'm not saying this as an FSU fan: yes, Miami is irrelevant now. It's just the truth.

Miami is irrelevant and it's by the choice of the school, because the school wants nothing to do with DA U.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Frank Beamer is retiring after the end of this season.

fd2fe84f71d45452c55577e19769fef3_crop_no

Now comes the difficult part if Bud Foster, who is the only assistant under contract after this year, is not the hire...

Convincing some prospective coach's wife to move to Blacksburg, VA.

Although Bud SHOULD be the hire. But who knows knowing Tech's AD.

I just hope Shane Beamer doesn't get it. I REALLY HOPE that it's anyone besides Shane Beamer.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Miami is irrelevant and it's by the choice of the school, because the school wants nothing to do with DA U.

Said the exact thing this morning. They're not Da U, they're now Miami. All the fans of Da U refuse to admit that a coach like Golden was the best hire they could make five years again with the money they were willing to spend.

And speaking of Golden, I'm still not sold on him knowing nothing of the extent of the sanctions that were gonna come down. If he truly knew nothing, I feel sorry for Miami fans that their school hired a complete moron. Anyone could see at least something big was headed their way.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

My takes from a few games:

Ill/PSU- The first Penn State game all year that I'm completely satisfied with. The offense looked coherent and although we ran a few crappy jet sweeps, the playcalling wasn't atrocious this week. Hack took some sacks again, but he's been passing well when he's able to stand tall in the pocket. Penn State is a quiet 7-2 team this year.

Neb/Purdue- Wow. I didn't watch the game, but I kept up on drives. The interceptions surely killed Nebraska, but their defense has just appeared to be weak all year. Even though I detest Nebraska, it feels wrong for them to be struggling this bad. But, with that said, this was a good win for Purdue, and hopefully the team can start gaining some confidence. They still have two potentially-winnable games against Illinois and Indiana left.

ND/Temple- I had started to dislike Temple for them beating Penn State, but if they had won tonight then Penn State's two losses would've been to a good Temple team and a good Ohio State team. Temple is still a great team and I know the game was really close, but Notre Dame could give committee members a tough time later in the season.

We also saw another classic case of two Big 12 schools with no defense in OSU/TTU, and we saw that anything can happen after-hours in PAC 12 play. I'm excited for next week since we'll get to see who will run the tables in the SEC West after LSU/Bama and we'll see if Clemson can survive their second-toughest game of the year against FSU.

Ill/PSU- The first Penn State game all year that I'm completely satisfied with. The offense looked coherent and although we ran a few crappy jet sweeps, the playcalling wasn't atrocious this week. Hack took some sacks again, but he's been passing well when he's able to stand tall in the pocket. Penn State is a quiet 7-2 team this year.

Neb/Purdue- Wow. I didn't watch the game, but I kept up on drives. The interceptions surely killed Nebraska, but their defense has just appeared to be weak all year. Even though I detest Nebraska, it feels wrong for them to be struggling this bad. But, with that said, this was a good win for Purdue, and hopefully the team can start gaining some confidence. They still have two potentially-winnable games against Illinois and Indiana left.

ND/Temple- I had started to dislike Temple for them beating Penn State, but if they had won tonight then Penn State's two losses would've been to a good Temple team and a good Ohio State team. Temple is still a great team and I know the game was really close, but Notre Dame could give committee members a tough time later in the season.

We also saw another classic case of two Big 12 schools with no defense in OSU/TTU, and we saw that anything can happen after-hours in PAC 12 play. I'm excited for next week since we'll get to see who will run the tables in the SEC West after LSU/Bama and we'll see if Clemson can survive their second-toughest game of the year against FSU.

1-Ole Miss still controls the SEC West regardless of who wins LSU/Alabama.

2-Penn State's 7-2 record is "quiet" since their wins are against teams who are a combined 23-32 plus their two biggest games they lost big and looked awful with their Ohio State game in primetime.

1-Ole Miss still controls the SEC West regardless of who wins LSU/Alabama.

2-Penn State's 7-2 record is "quiet" since their wins are against teams who are a combined 23-32 plus their two biggest games they lost big and looked awful with their Ohio State game in primetime.

What makes you think Ole Miss controls it? As of right now, I'd say that LSU has a decent chance of beating Ole Miss later in the year which would leave Ole Miss with 2 conference losses. If this is the only conference game that LSU would lose, or if this was the only other conference game for Alabama to lose, then Ole Miss could wind up second or third in the division.

I won't deny that Penn State looked awful in their two losses. Temple has a great defense that tore up our bad offense. The Barkley TD getting called back hurt, and Ohio State decided to make their successful(?) QB change against us. But I give Penn State a good chance against Northwestern, and I think they could end the regular season 8-4. They'll probably lose pretty big to MSU, and it'll depend on what Michigan team shows up for the whiteout game for how big that deficit is.

What makes you think Ole Miss controls it? As of right now, I'd say that LSU has a decent chance of beating Ole Miss later in the year which would leave Ole Miss with 2 conference losses. If this is the only conference game that LSU would lose, or if this was the only other conference game for Alabama to lose, then Ole Miss could wind up second or third in the division.

Agreed.

It really ticks me off when the media (and some fans) use that hackneyed term "control their own destiny". Well you know what, at the start of season, every team "controls their own destiny": win every game you play and you will be champions of your division, conference, league, whatever.

I think the media and fans have hopped on this term to keep some interest in an Ole Miss team that had double-digit losses to SEC opponent Florida and AAC team Memphis.

It is what it is.

The people/fans of Indiana snitched on Louisville basketball, and they now snitch on Notre Dame football.

Indiana loves to be a bigoted state but keeps snitching too.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/notre-dame-fires-academic-coach-accused-sexual-coercion-article-1.2420009

I don't think the same fans snitched on Notre Dame (mostly because they are fans of Notre Dame football *rimshor*)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The reason why folks are saying Ole Miss controls their fate is because it's 100% accurate. If Ole Miss beats Arkansas and LSU at home and beats Mississippi State on the road, Ole Miss is the West Division champion. Right now, Alabama does not control their fate.

Is it likely? Sure. No idea how much LSU will have left after playing in Tuscaloosa this weekend and their arch-rival Arkansas the following week. LSU can definitely be had after those two games. And this is the same Ole Miss team that won at Alabama earlier this season. Of the three, Ole Miss has the easiest path to going to Atlanta.

Archived