2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

(Well technically they're at 26)

Nope, technically they're unranked because the Top 25 is just that, the Top 25. They may be just on the outside but the Top 25 is only the Top 25 and nothing else.
EDIT- I realize now that you interpreted my post as me claiming them to still technically be "ranked" and saw an opportunity to be "right". That was not the intention of my statement. I mentioned it merely as an additional and relevant piece of information
You realize that you're b!tching about being the first Honorable Mention slot on a poll which has ZERO impact on who is selected for the playoff, right?

FYI, if those non-starters on last year's two-deep were so good and were performing better than the starters as you claimed, they would've become starters.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, technically they're unranked because the Top 25 is just that, the Top 25. They may be just on the outside but the Top 25 is only the Top 25 and nothing else.
EDIT- I realize now that you interpreted my post as me claiming them to still technically be "ranked" and saw an opportunity to be "right". That was not the intention of my statement. I mentioned it merely as an additional and relevant piece of information
You realize that you're b!tching about being the first Honorable Mention slot on a poll which has ZERO impact on who is selected for the playoff, right?

FYI, if those non-starters on last year's two-deep were so good and were performing better than the starters as you claimed, they would've become starters.

Geoff Collins' 1A's and 1B's defensive scheme accounted for the a majority of the "starters" playing less.

I'm not getting too into this because I'm not sure of the upcoming the season myself, but discounting Mississippi State because of the number of returning starters is shortsighted and shows one's lack of knowledge on the subject.

The Big Ten announced their new scheduling model today that will begin in 2016:

-Increase to 9 conference games

-At least 1 game against an out-of-conference Power 5 team (Notre Dame and BYU will count towards this)

-No FCS opponents.

Teams will likely be able to keep their schedule that doesn't follow this if there's already a contract.

Crap. Well there goes Illinois ever getting into a bowl again....

I really hope you're right about the Pac-12.

I believe in Rich Rod

Although if my prediction is right he'll probably bolt for Miami or something

No, not him. There's only one man that can bring Miami back to the promised land. P.S. Its Lane Kiffin.

The No Fun Prediction:

ACC: Florida State

Big 10 (I'm still not gonna write B1G): Ohio State

Big 12: Oklahoma

Pac 12: USC

SEC: Alabama

Also Notre Dame gets into the Playoff. My personal little season of hell.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Do all of your posts have to be this condescending?

Glad they didn't rank Tech like idiots around here are. 7-6 and a no-name bowl is all that comes with high expectations. I have a feeling the program will bottom out before any big changes may come here.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm convinced we're about 10-20 years away from seeing Division 1 football broken into 3 subdivisions. Have a feeling the Mid Major FBS programs will eventually get tired of dealing with the Power 5 schools.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I'm convinced we're about 10-20 years away from seeing Division 1 football broken into 3 subdivisions. Have a feeling the Mid Major FBS programs will eventually get tired of dealing with the Power 5 schools.

Why are you convinced that collegiate athletics will be what it currently is 20 years from now?

The cost of attendance is already perplexing departments which are incorporated to be self-sustaining.

It's meaningless poll season!

Also, is this the year we finally get the rotating title like all the other threads? We've been missing some golden opportunities.

I second this. In fact, how 'bout this for a new title. Be vewwy quiet, we'we hunting fow pwayoffs. And yes the spelling is intentional.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The Big Ten announced their new scheduling model today that will begin in 2016:

-Increase to 9 conference games

-At least 1 game against an out-of-conference Power 5 team (Notre Dame and BYU will count towards this)

-No FCS opponents.

Teams will likely be able to keep their schedule that doesn't follow this if there's already a contract.

Hey SEC are you listening?

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

The SEC is supposed to start playing more Power 5 teams since they aren't going to 9 games, unfortunately that doesn't mean Texas A&M and Texas will be playing anytime soon. As much as they yap back and forth I want them to just step out on the field and makeup already. They're like two exes that send pictures of the GF/BF they're dating that week.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Although two players charged with rape had a mistrial earlier this summer, poor word choice Vanderbilt.

1373819975370688039_zpsefbgcksm.png

Even if there was no rape allegation, that is still a really dumb slogan. Sounds like something an angry elementary school kid would say when his mom tells him he can't go to the playground with his freinds.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived