2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

They should just recycle old Lyle Bremser audio. I'm a sucker for classic, old-timey announcers.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pre-Season All-Americans (1st Team)

QB - Trevone Boykin - TCU
RB - Ezekiel Elliott - Ohio St.
RB - Nick Chubb - Georgia
WR - Tyler Boyd - PITT
WR - Rashard Higgins - Colorado St.
TE - Evan Engram - Ole Miss
T - Spencer Drango - Baylor
G - Landon Turner - North Carolina
C - Max Tuerk - USC
G - Pat Elflein - Ohio St.
T - Laremy Tunsil - Ole Miss

DE - Joey Bosa - Ohio St.
DT - Robert Nkemdiche - Ole Miss
DT - Adolphus Washington - Ohio St.
DE - Shawn Oakman - Baylor
OLB - Eric Striker - Oklahoma
ILB - Scooby Wright - Arizona
ILB - Myles Jack - UCLA
OLB - Leonard Floyd - Georgia
CB - Vernon Hargraves III - Florida
CB - Wayne Lyons - Michigan
S - Su’a Cravens - USC
S - Karl Joseph - West Virginia

K - Roberto Aguayo - Florida St.
P - Tom Hackett - Utah
KR - Isaiah McKenzie - Georgia
PR - Ryan Switzer - North Carolina
AP - Adoree’ Jackson - USC

Pre-Season All-Americans (2nd Team)

QB - Dak Prescott - Mississippi St.
RB - Leonard Fournette - LSU
RB - James Conner - PITT
WR - LaQuon Treadwell - Ole Miss
WR - Pharoh Cooper - South Carolina
TE - Hunter Henry - Arkansas
T - Tyler Johnstone - Oregon
G - Vadal Alexander - LSU
C - Isaac Seumalo - Oregon St.
G - Christian Westerman - Arizona St.
T - Taylor Decker - Ohio St.

DE - Shilique Calhoun - Michigan St.
DT - Sheldon Day - Notre Dame
DT - Anthony Zettel - Penn St.
DE - Myles Garrett - Texas A&M
OLB - Jaylon Smith - Notre Dame
ILB - Reggie Ragland - Alabama
ILB - Raekwon McMillan - Ohio St.
OLB - Darron Lee - Ohio St.
CB - Kendall Fuller - Virginia Tech
CB - Jalen Ramsey - Florida St.
S - Jeremy Cash - Duke
S - Jamal Golden - Georgia Tech

K - Brad Craddock - Maryland
P - Austin Rehkow - Idaho
KR - Jakeem Grant - Texas Tech
PR - Speedy Noil - Texas A&M
AP - Charles Nelson - Oregon

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Eastern Kentucky is in contact with the Sun Belt

I hope they (and/or Coastal Carolina) get snatched up by the Sun Belt. I'd also like to see James Madison, Liberty, maybe Eastern Washington, and of course NDSU make the move as well, but I know it's asking a lot for schools to make the transition, and I'm primarily viewing it from a football perspective.

Our first fired coach: Illinois Tim Beckman

Illinois announced on Friday afternoon that it has fired coach Tim Beckman. The school said the decision was made following preliminary results of an extrenal review into allegations involving the football program.

“The preliminary information external reviewers shared with me does not reflect our values or our commitment to the welfare of our student-athletes, and I've chosen to act accordingly,” said Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas in a release. “During the review, we have asked people not to rush to judgment, but I now have enough information to make this decision in assessing the status and direction of the football program.”

Illinois Athletic Department/UIUC in General Status:

:censored: 's on fire yo!

Mike Thomas and John Groce might want to start cleaning out their offices too. The broom is coming for them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is bad. Outside of this, I thought the fanbase was a little unfair on him and I gave him the benefit of the doubt on these allegations which I don't feel great about now. This season is probably going to be a trainwreck. It was going to be tough to get back to a bowl game before this.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

EKU would be a terrible pick for the Sun Belt. This bid is Coastal's to lose depending on who the mysterious other school Benson and crew were going to check out.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Illinois football doesn't care about talent, winning, or ethics. It cares about blind, blind profit. The locals are docile to it and don't really give a rat's ass because after a few months it'll be basketball season and they get the privilege of watching that mediocre team eke out a marginally amusing season, all whilst pissing in their own ears over Bill Self this and Bruce Weber that.

Bl9nStTCIAAfpD4.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I really like FCS teams moving up, so I'm really happy about this. I was rooting for Coastal over EKU and a full NMSU membership. I wish they could start competing sooner, but a transition will be needed. I heard that last season they got over 9,000 people in the stands during home games, and that they'll start expanding to over 20,000 soon. They seem to be able to compete in the Sun Belt in a lot of sports, so they were a good fit (of course). Plus that teal field looks amazing!

So Nebraska hires new PA announcer, finds old Facebook post by new PA announcer critical of the firing of Pelini, fires new PA announcer and must not replace him.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I really like FCS teams moving up, so I'm really happy about this. I was rooting for Coastal over EKU and a full NMSU membership. I wish they could start competing sooner, but a transition will be needed. I heard that last season they got over 9,000 people in the stands during home games, and that they'll start expanding to over 20,000 soon. They seem to be able to compete in the Sun Belt in a lot of sports, so they were a good fit (of course). Plus that teal field looks amazing!

I believe that's a big reason why they got chosen over Eastern Kentucky. Not to mention it creates a really easy split between east and west.

East

-Appalachian State

-Coastal Carolina

-Georgia State

-Georgia Southern

-South Alabama

-Troy

West

-Arkansas State

-UL Lafayette

-UL Monroe

-Texas State

-Idaho (Football)/Little Rock (Basketball)

-New Mexico State (Football)/UT Arlington (Basketball)

Archived