Eagles + Falcons + Federals Logo Mash-up-ish

LAWeaver

Okay, so let me give you some background before I continue:

Back in early December, I was in a creative slump. I had stopped making concepts and my major Concept project involving 4 fictional sporting leagues (Football, Basketball, Baseball, and Hockey) had become boring. With my schooling becoming busier by the day, I had decided to delete my entire project. A couple weeks later was Christmas Break and I became bored, simply because I had no school work to keep me busy. So, I restarted by leagues from scratch, each with 32 teams, many no longer having the same name they once had, while others are just simply from old and defunct franchises. While I only have logos for my football league, I still simulate some of my other series using a program called StatDisk, which can generates numbers that I use for scores. The main reason I have not posted any concepts since the reboot of my MegaSeries is because most of them are ripoffs and I am not afraid to admit it. I do hand-draw my logos, but they are based on someone else's logo. At the moment, those logos are "placeholders" until I make an original.

This logo that I am sharing is a logo for my United Football Association team called the Washington Federals:

jTdD8P4.png

While trying to make a logo for this team, I looked at many pictures of Eagles, from their heads to them swooping down to catch a fish, but none of them seemed quite right. So, I began to see how others made Eagles into logos. I saw a few decent ones, but none that could learn from. So, I started looking at pro logos. The Philadelphia Eagles logo wasn't quite right either, and neither was the Washington Federals logo from the USFL in the 80's, so I started looking at other bird logos, and there was the Atlanta Falcons logo. I wanted to make my own Falcon logo, but didn't have a team with that name. So, I decided to do a mash-up of some sort. used the basic shape of the Falcons logo and turned it into an eagle but not as abstract. I wanted the F shape to remain in tact, so I kept the claws, but tried to make them less of a hand and more like a claw. I also used the Federals color scheme of Kelly Green and Black as I thought it was unique for my league.

So what do you all think? too much of a ripoff? The one thing that does bug me just a tad, though, is the tail. I feel like it's missing something.

I may try to post some other, more original work later. Thanks for any C+C!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It's a good start.

I agree with you on something being off with the tail. What if you added feathers, similar to what you have at the back of the wings?

Second, I would try to make the talons curvier. The rest of the logo is very... swoopy... for lack of a better word, but the talons are all straight lines and angles. I don't think it matches very well. It looks more mechanical than organic.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

I would shrink the beak and the talons a little bit. My high school (also the Eagles) just adopted a new logo last year with both a full body and a head (partial logo) included in the scheme. The full body includes talons that were so big that they looked like bear claws. Our entire school is now adept at finding anatomic abnormalities on birds.356.jpg?a=1114850012121

Can my old high school borrow this.

If by borrow, you actually mean 'use it for the foreseeable future with absolutely no compensation to the designer for a not-quite 100% original piece of work'...

Absolutely not.

As for the actual cc I've received, thank you. When I have more free time I will edit it. Tomorrow I plan on posting my updated Canton Pioneers logo, which was originally based on the Flying Elvis logo, but, but has evolved since then.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived