• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad to see you opted for the topography version for the Rapids. That was my favorite of the previous options. Wouldn't change a thing.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Thanks for the kind words so far. Today I've got the Columbus Crew.

With their new logo (which as simple as it is, I quite like), there are two patterns: checks and diagonal stripes. I thought I'd split them between the two jerseys. I picture the patterns being composed of shiny and matte materials to keep them subtle. The patterns also make their way to the taping on the inside of the collar.

I think yellow works best when it's got a high-contrast color to work off of, so my home kit is paired with black shorts and sleeves. Subtle use of white trim ties it all together with the new badge. The away kit uses the same shorts, and again, the use of all-black helps keep the yellow vibrant.

A small Ohio shaped jocktag with a star representing Columbus reminds that they represent both their city as well as the entire state.

MfPESFC.png

st3IZVg.png

Today's kits are for DC United.

While I appreciate that DCU has a consistent identity, I've felt that their home jerseys have been just a bit stale over the last several years. Without straying too far, I wanted to toughen them up for a couple seasons, so I've removed white from the home kit to create an all-black look with flashes of red. As a counterbalance, I've made the road kit very traditional, evoking their original away strips of white shirts and red shorts, trimmed with black. Both kits revive the torso stripes that were the primary feature of the uniforms for their first decade of existence. Elements from the District flag are printed on the inside of the collar.

yIDFJGz.png

n0UwaAX.png

DC's home needs some white.

Also, even though recent news suggests that Adidas won't allow a sponsor logo over the three stripes like that, I like the reference to their old kits.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks, all. Next on the parade of hits is FC Dallas.

I wanted to find an interesting way in which to bring back more obvious hoops after a year of a more subtle treatment. I think the gradient patterns within the thick stripes are a relatively dynamic way to reintroduce a more classic Dallas home kit. I've always enjoyed their blue/gray/white change strips, so I've iterated on those with a more subtle hoop pattern and lots of blue. Both kits feature a small flame jocktag to celebrate the franchise's 20th season and their original identity as the Burn.

BqfZOVb.png

nyDyFOD.png

Sorry, Keith, but the away has the same problem they've often had: You can't have two shirts with that much white. You just can't. That annoys me so much.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

For DC, I think the badge needs the white so you can see it better. But overall its a pretty good look. For the Crew, I'm loving thr idea of black shorts with the home kit. Since no one else in the league has black and gold it gives them more options to stand out from the rest of the league.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

great improvement on last year's look. I am wondering how the "shiny" hoops inside the hoops would look. Would they be printed like the diagonal stripes in this pic or more like sublimation?

NYCFCAway_Kit1_NYCFC.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Sorry, Keith, but the away has the same problem they've often had: You can't have two shirts with that much white. You just can't. That annoys me so much.

I'd agree if there was a clash issue, but as I think through the league, I can't really find one.

great improvement on last year's look. I am wondering how the "shiny" hoops inside the hoops would look. Would they be printed like the diagonal stripes in this pic or more like sublimation?

For the Dallas kits, I'm picturing matte, tonal sublimation on the hoops. For Columbus, however, I was thinking something like that, where you've got the shiny/matte contrast on the patterns.

Staying in Texas, next up is the Houston Dynamo.

For these kits, I've extrapolated the starburst in the crest to fill the front of the jerseys in an attempt to give them something energetic. The home kits are their traditional bright orange with simple black and white trim. For the away kits, while I've never liked their light blue as accent color against the orange, I thought it would be fun to revive it on a black strip where it's got some contrast, along with orange and white. All and all, I feel that this look is fitting with the team's name.

I0MOVfS.png

clvz891.png

Archived