I think adding blue in the away kit complicates things a little bit but still, great work s always. I think this is a good solution to their problem of modernizing without making it look terrible or compromising a rich tradition of plain orange shirts.

I am looking forward too seeing how you do with the Portland Timbers.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the clash Dynamo looks like nycfc but very good nonetheless

I was wondering if I'd get that comment. :) I've got something totally different in mind for them. You'll see it in a few days.

Another day, another design. Next up is the LA Galaxy.

I wouldn't see these uniforms being a longterm option, but after becoming the de facto "Galacticos" of the MLS and winning their record championship, I thought something commemorative might be good for a year or two. After this, I'd picture a return to blue and yellow accents.

The home kit is all white with metallic gold trim. The sash is alluded to with five tonal streaks, one for each championship. The same championship seasons are called out by name along the hemline. The away kit is identical, but midnight blue replaces the white. Each jersey has its own variation of the single colored crest, which keeps the quasar as the the brightest element on the logo.

gMCLFVY.png

SZ9VGr7.png

I would say if you want to use the metallic gold then only use it on one of the kits. I think it looks better on the white kit but I would suggest only having the stripes be metallic gold and update the crest so that it is the standard crest with gold trim in place of the yellow. Then I'd make the collar, sleeve cuffs, adidas logo, and herbalife logo blue.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Today I've got my ideas for the Montreal Impact.

I know many of their fans have been pining for a return to blue and black stripes for their primary strips, so I've promoted that look from their third kits to their home kits. The blue and black is trimmed with metallic silver.

Keeping with an emphasis on silver, I've chosen to go with a shiny gray for the away kits, trimmed with blue and black. The stripes from the home jersey are echoed with tonal pinstripes on the away shirt, and I've chosen a henley style collar as an alternative to the polo collar on the home jersey.

khgsW9f.png

ZDtI5FU.png

love your LA Galaxy ones!

Have been wanting a white/gold version for a long time now, but would prefer it to be their strong orangey-yellow gold tough to the gold metallic.

Blue and gold just rocks anyway.

Generally love the championship years tag at the bottom, as well as the 5 stripes sash.

Not a fan of the monochrome logo, prefer the regular one.

I'm back at it with the New England Revolution.

I absolutely loathe their logo, so I toyed with the idea of giving them a new identity from scratch, but decided that was sort of against the spirit of what I wanted this project to be. So instead of scrapping the brush stroke motif, I decided to embrace it whole-hog.

Most obviously, I used the brush strokes to create a sublimated striping pattern on both jerseys. Additionally, I created a backing shape to house the logo, which uses the same brush style. I think this works better than just floating the logo, especially with a nasty white outline against the navy home kit. I could also picture the shorts being interchangeable between the two kits.

8kB5065.png

OKWYXqS.png

Montreal's home is perfect, can't really judge the clash kit unless seen in person though.

You did a great job compromising on the New England look - it almost has a 90's feel to it.

Hey, I remember you working on the Rapids away earlier. Good to see you're going with the whole league. For LA, definitely make sure that's only a one-year deal, as while tying in with the 20th anniversary and the 5th championship works well, it seems weird to have the Galaxy not using yellow. On New England, I am not a fan of the current crest (I recall someone mentioning that it looks like it belongs on a sweatshirt your parents bought while on vacation in Cape Cod), so going full out here is probably the best idea. Putting it in a circle is better for the logo than just having it flat out there, so that's a good thing. The striping pattern is good too, following the aformentioned theme, though I wonder what throwing in a little green instead of navy would do to the away jersey as a little reference to the New England flag. Beyond that, nothing to complain about. Keep up the good work, Avenger!

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

I recall someone mentioning that it looks like it belongs on a sweatshirt your parents bought while on vacation in Cape Cod...

Haha! That is an absolutely perfect analogy. It's so bad.

I've got an idea for a redesign that I started working on. One of these days I'll finish it, and post it as a standalone concept.

I recall someone mentioning that it looks like it belongs on a sweatshirt your parents bought while on vacation in Cape Cod...

Haha! That is an absolutely perfect analogy. It's so bad.

I've got an idea for a redesign that I started working on. One of these days I'll finish it, and post it as a standalone concept.

Yeah I can't remember for the life of me who said that but I'm 95% certain that it was someone on here. Also rebranding the Revs would make a great concept. I'll keep my eyes open in the future for that.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived