I am glad this is still going. This is a giant improvement and you made me almost like their crest. Only complaint is the tag is too big. Maybe make it just say REVS.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back with my take on NYCFC.

While I can't say I'm a fan of either of the organizations who own the club, I thought there was an opportunity to marry Manchester City's sky blue with the Yankee's pinstripes to create a home kit that plays nice with City's global branding initiatives, as well creating some distinction with SKC's look.

A point of emphasis for NYCFC is that they're going to be within the confines of the five boroughs, so each one is represented with a tonal pattern on the away shirt. Orange and navy are used predominately, drawing from the city's colors, with pops of sky blue to reinforce the club's new palette.

KS8TyQw.png

9ARUyHj.png

I like the home, but the alt comes off a bit cheesy with the borough names. Plus I don't like the darker colour on the arms and shoulders. Makes it look a bit top heavy (Arsenal's yellow shirt suffers the same problem).

I actually like the clash kit. It may appear cheesy however I feel that in real life the sublimation wouldnt be really noticeable unless looking up close. That being said, I think you would need a white alternate even though there probably is enough difference between the 2

good look. I think the home would look excellent on the field. The away is an interesting idea for sure but i am unsure how it would translate to the pitch.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Moving to the senior New York area franchise, next up is the New York Red Bulls.

Because the sponsor logo is traditionally such a dominating component of their uniform designs, I feel like there's only so much you can do with their home kits. In that light, I decided to start with the away kits, then build a concept out of that.

I've grown a little tired of blue shirts with yellow shorts, so I've gone in a slightly different direction taking inspiration from the iconic Red Bull cans. I thought that the skewed quarters translated well into a twist on a pretty traditional shirt design. I've carried that motif into some tonal stripes on the large Red Bull logo to add something a little different to it, which is really important to keep the home uniform fresh with an otherwise simple design.

YRLpznx.png

e9BmpPS.png

Not sure how I missed this thread. All your concepts are amazing and I think would work very well in real life. Can't wait to see the rest of the league. I'd like to suggest seeing the Cascadia teams (SSFC, PTFC, VWFC)

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

• 1 month later...

Work's been crazy, but I've finally found a little bit of time to finish another MLS concept. Next up is Orlando City.

Both the home and the away shirts feature a subtle sunburst design, nicely framing the sponsor logo. The rays on the home are tonal, while the away features a soft gold. The home kit features a slight fade between two tones of purple and metallic gold trim, while the away comes in all white, which could also serve as a home option during the hot summer months in Central Florida. Both shirts also feature a henley collar to provide additional breathability during the muggy part of the season.

w1hqxVM.png

rBhryFX.png

• 1 month later...

Carved out a bit of time to finish my Philadelphia Union kit. The Union have a pretty unique kit design with the thick stripe down the front, and I wanted to iterate on that by adding an embossed rattlesnake pattern to it. I created a small jocktag logo on the bottom of the shirt featuring the snake inside a keystone shape. I've tried to make the sponsor logo less garish by making it more monochromatic, and I picture the navy home shorts being an option on the away kit.

FySb2MC.png

fynz8DK.png

Archived