I've been working on putting together some uniform concepts for the entire MLS, and now that some of the actual jerseys are leaking with some similar design ideas, I thought I better start posting them so I don't look like a total copycat.

I'll post them in alphabetical order periodically, as I finish them. I'd welcome any feedback.

Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids

Columbus Crew

DC United

FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo
LA Galaxy
Montreal Impact
New England Revolution
New York City FC
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union

---

First off is the Chicago Fire. I wanted to return to a more traditional treatment of their kits, using the concaving chest stripe. I've taken cues from the Chicago flag to create a tonal pattern on both jerseys and the coloration of the away kit. While it's far from a unique idea (as evidence by their leaked away jersey for the upcoming season), I think it's the most iconic look they've ever had, and I anticipate it would continue to resonate with the civic pride of their fanbase.

S5SNK9k.png

BVelewA.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the away the best of the two. But I think both are clean and iconic looking. I like the sublimated stars from the flag a lot and the flag patch ties it together. These could easily be their kits for the next 15 years and I don't think it'd go out of style. That's what I like most about these. My only gripe is the three stripes, but hey, what are ya gonna do ya know.

Change the horizontal stripe on the home to white. That would look a lot better and far more traditional.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like both ca you how they are... What color numbers would they use?

I'd picture white on the home, red on the away.
People just never show that stuff lol

Haha... Yeah. I don't worry about it so much with leagues with standardized number sets.

Next up is the Colorado Rapids. Some of you may have seen my earlier post with my ideas for a Rapids away kit, so this concept will be familiar, but I've expanded it to include the home kit.

These kits feature topography from the Rocky Mountains, something all Coloradans are proud of. I've eliminated the white sleeves that were featured on the home kits over the last couple seasons in favor of an all-Burgundy home jersey. Emphasis has been put on an increase in light blue, returning the Rapids to what has always felt like a traditional soccer color scheme to me.

The Colorado flag jock tag returns, which has been widely popular with the home support.

fuKH6P3.png

YxwW7l6.png

Damn these are nice and clean. I love the Chicago Away kit the best and the sublimated flag stars are a nice touch. Also, I have never actually liked anyones templates but mine but your template is perfect, wouldn't mind working with it.

Chicago looks like CM Punk's old shirt from 2013. Which is a good thing

Because he's from Chicago and used the Chicago Flag in a lot of his merchandise and Chicago's jersey is a nod to the flag.

Archived