marble21

Very nicely done on the RBR car. And here I thought you might have gone with the Jerez camo look :P I too hate that purple pearlescent effect. I think it detracted a little from the actual look of the car. As for the Infiniti work mark along the side pod, I don't think Renault is too much of a fan of that arrangement. The Red Bull work mark should be the most prominent with it being the principle sponsor. Can't wait for the rest of the series including the bonus supplements.

Can I ask what program you are using to do your drawings? Inkscape, AI?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red Bull Racing

Again, not much different from reality. I promise that not all teams are this similar to their actual 2015 cars!

Main changes are the dropping of the pearlescent purple effect which I do not like at all, as well as the return of the Red Bull wordmark to the sidepod. This wordmark replaces the Infiniti logo which remains on the rear wing. I find the sponsorship of a car brand a little strange as it overshadows the engine partnership with Renault, which I wanted to make more prominent.

Overall, once again I have gone with a simplified look. This will be a recurring theme it seems. I tried to make the yellow stand out as much as possible to help differentiate the team from Toro Rosso easily.

4iLqs9V.png

I have started work on some of the bonus teams. I will be breaking up the time between official teams by throwing in a bonus team here and there but I don't think there will be any order or schedule to this.

im in no hurry just builds anticipation. Looking forward to EVERY TEAM you do. Not just the main ones

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Williams Martini Racing

I love the Martini paint scheme. So it stays. I think it is fitting for Williams too who had many white cars during the 1980s. I made it so that all of the non-Martini sponsor logos were in black white. Leaving the extinguisher switch E symbol and the "Senna S" as the only other things in colour. Williams have had the Senna tribute on every car since his death in 1994 and it is usually on the front nose cone. As it is not possible to see using this template I decided to put it on the side pod panel.

DfYx7Hx.png

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Time for the first bonus team. As previously stated, these will be released at random times in a random order.

As for the TBA, would you be taking random requests? If so, I'd love to see a brown/dark red/tan/with hot pink accent Tim Hortons sponsored Canadian F1 car haha :P

Tim Hortons F1 Racing

The colour scheme was used as suggested. Tim Hortons logo takes center stage on the side pod with other sponsors being from related companies and also large Candian companies. Dodge was chosen as the engine supplier to give the team a more North American feel. Stripes were incorporated into the bodywork to mimic the design of the famous Tim Horton coffee cup. The design is quite plain but I think the colour scheme does as much for creating a Tim Hortons brand as the logo does.

UwLy1iH.png

Scuderia Ferrari

Here we go. An actual change to the 2015 design! I decided to bring back the white panel reminiscent of late 90s/early 2000s. Obviously no Marlboro sponsorship, so Santander seemed like a suitable fit. I also got rid of the black that has been prominent on the lower parts of the past few cars. I wanted the car to be mainly red and white only. This is how I associate Ferrari in my mind. It also wouldn't be Ferrari without the prancing horse somewhere on the car.

CcgYwRE.png

McLaren Honda

So I drafted up these two designs throwing back to some classic designs. I couldn't decide between the two so have posted both of them. I'm not a huge fan of what they have gone with for 2015. They have used the bright red similar to that of the bottom concept but I feel the balance is all wrong. Particularly on the wing mirrors. I realise that its unlikely that McLaren would go with the Marlboro style design again and that Honda probably wouldn't want them to copy the Mercedes style either. However, this is what I would prefer in my concept world so those things can be overlooked.

FETzJ7q.png42gvflc.png

Just something to point out; the old McLaren Honda livery was meant to resemble a pack of Marlboro smokes. I'd doubt the FIA would allow that today, so instead of that, how about trying to make the red shapes look more like the red flourish in today's McLaren logo?

You'd skirt the controversy, have it still look good, and be able to pay homage to one of F1's greatest teams.

I don't want to tell you what to do - this series has been fantastic - but it might work.

I don't want to tell you what to do - this series has been fantastic - but it might work.

No, those kind of comments are most welcome thanks.

I am aware of the tobacco rules. You used to be able to just cover the Marlboro logo up by having it as a barcode pattern - used by both McLaren and Ferrari in the past - or by Williams Rothmans saying R? or Racing. Benson and Hedges as Buzzin Hornets or Bitten Heroes etc.

I was meant to imply that the top style would be OK because the FIA wouldn't intervene. Your idea is something I will try out though. It could work using the McLaren logo from the 90s where the "flourish" is more geometric/angled than curved. I have a few bonus teams done but am saving them for the week leading up to the Aussie GP as that is probably when the interest will be highest. I will probably have an update done for then.

Another fantastic livery! I prefer the top livery, the bottom one makes me think that there is a Mercedes power unit in the car.

I wonder what the Marlboro-inspired livery would look like if you replace the red with orange, on either the original version or whatever Eric suggested. Orange has historical precedent with McLaren, and combining two historical livery idea would, in my opinion, pay homage to said history while looking like a fresh idea. You don't have to do this, it is just my two cents/pence.

Great job, and keep up the good work!

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

Archived