Ajax Crest Concept

mcrosby

I really like it. It simplifies the logo yet still captures its essence.

I would like to note that his helmet looks a bit odd, the ending curve needs to be lowered it seems too high and long. Also it would be nice to give it an ending point just like the current badge, since it seems like (for some reason) it comes out to a Spartan ending point with that negative space if you know what I mean.

spartan_helmet.png

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

I LOVE the rendering of the face, but the helmet gets a little bit unclear to me, especially in conjunction with the big red section of of the outer ring. I wonder if you can take inspiration from the pre-1990s logo, but drawn in your beautiful modern style.

Any better on the helmet?

Much more readable to me... but I wonder if that's the right helmet for the football club. While there are some Greek depictions of Ajax with a plume on his helmet, but AFC Ajax has traditionally depicted him without plumage, and the funny curvature to his helmet.

Regardless to whether or not you want to adhere strictly to what they've done in the past, I think it looks super cool.

Any better on the helmet?

Much more readable to me... but I wonder if that's the right helmet for the football club. While there are some Greek depictions of Ajax with a plume on his helmet, but AFC Ajax has traditionally depicted him without plumage, and the funny curvature to his helmet.

Regardless to whether or not you want to adhere strictly to what they've done in the past, I think it looks super cool.

I think I'm going to stick with the plumage. It works well in the shape and maintains enough of the original, in my opinion.

That is a beautiful redefining of Ajax's crest. It is such a beautiful but simplistic redo. Love it mate! Nicely done. Now I wish Ajax would update their crest. I know they are a club steeped in history but I believe it's a time for reinvention.

mrcrosby: are you planning on reinventing any other outdated football club crests?

That is a beautiful redefining of Ajax's crest. It is such a beautiful but simplistic redo. Love it mate! Nicely done. Now I wish Ajax would update their crest. I know they are a club steeped in history but I believe it's a time for reinvention.

mrcrosby: are you planning on reinventing any other outdated football club crests?

I'm always considering it. Got any suggestions?

Wolverhampton Wanderers, Charlton Athletic, and maybe Sheffield FC (the first and oldest club in the world)

Wolverhampton Wanderers, Charlton Athletic, and maybe Sheffield FC (the first and oldest club in the world)

I really love Sheffield FCs and Charlton's crests. Wolverhampton leaves something to be desired.

I really love Sheffield FCs and Charlton's crests. Wolverhampton leaves something to be desired.

Sheffield FC's is pretty nice but i always thought Charlton Athletics and Wolves were both blah and needed an update. Just suggestions mate :)

Archived