College Hockey Concepts: Providence Friars (and Notre Dame Uniforms)

MDGP

Some of you may have seen my UMass Lowell and (ongoing) Maine Black Bears redesigns. I've decided to work on other Hockey East teams, and instead of continuing with new threads for each, I'm going to place the rest in this thread.

My next team are the UNH Wildcats. Currently, UNH has a logo which is... Not great. Not the worst I've ever seen, but nothing special.

I don't have much to say about the logo, so I'll just let you guys have a look.

UNHWildcats_zps06acf6f7.png

You know the drill, C+C if you'd like.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• 1 month later...

After a break that's been longer than I realized, I'm back with Hockey East's western most school, hailing from farther west than 43 of the nation's 59 teams.

This one isn't really a redesign, but more of a refresh. It features an updated Leprechaun logo, meant to be sleeker and fit better with modern logos. The rest of the set are uniform elements, that use a modern font that retains a classy look that Notre Dame strives to achieve. (The font is NW Rangers, which I believe is one from Conrad's thread).

Notre%20Dame%20Fighting%20Irish_zps63wkp

No uniforms today, but my next post will include uniforms for both Notre Dame and New Hampshire.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Alright, no comments on the last one, not entirely surprising since it was merely an update of an existing logo (I bet some people didn't even notice a difference). Today I've got two parts first, as promised, Notre Dame's uniforms (Unfortunately, I am having difficulty finding my vectors for UNH, so that'll be delayed).

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2011.31.

The uniforms are based on the premise of the current Irish uniforms. White jersey with contrasting sleeves, blue jersey that matches with same-colored sleeves. I'm not a fan of the current uniforms... They feel kind of old and tacky. So, I tried to make a modernized version featuring a white-gold double stripe pattern on a blue background. The Leprechaun logo is placed on the shoulders and pants, similarly to how the Irish currently use a clover on the pants. All words and numbers feature a blue outline, which is why the gold appears to lack an outline on blue portions of the jersey.

PROVIDENCE FRIARS

I also am including a second team in today's post, 2015 Frozen Four participant, Providence.

Providence's hockey logo sucks. It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. It's honestly one of my least favorite logos ever... However, the school has a pretty good logo for everything else. However, I didn't want to just use that, so I decided to make my own logo in the vein of the logo that the school currently used for most things. I wanted to go with something a little bit more intense, while still maintaining the air of calm that comes to mind when I think of a friar.

The secondary logo plays off the current secondary, which features a cross. Here, I wanted to create something simple, yet bold. The logo features a P that is formed by a simplified cross.

Providence%20College%20Friars_zpspnrlkgj

Providence is always a team that I've felt isn't quite traditional, like BC or Minnesota, but shouldn't be overly modern looking either. For the uniform, I utilized a simple shoulder stripe that is cut off at the end by a contrasting color stripe. The hem features the same pattern. The secondary logo is featured on one shoulder. The numbers are meant to mimic the color pattern of the secondary logo.

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-03%20at%2011.31.

Archived