Lion Concept Logo

dsaline97

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The progress is good. Ear: You might think about defining the ear more, rather that just having it as part of the outline of the body (use the photo as your guide). Eye: To me, it looks like the eye is closed. I suggest trying to draw an eye like the photo has (eye lids, eyeball). Nose: The whiskers are bothering me. Too thick??, but they appear to come out of the nose rather than the upper jaw area (and there is only 2). I would play around with thinner whisker lines, maybe use 4 whiskers, and start them from a correct anatomical position. Mouth: The upper mouth appears to have one super fat top tooth and the lower mouth doesn't really have a tooth, but a pointy lip. Think you could easily adapt your current logo having proper tooth size and placement. Keep working hard on this concept. You are going in the right direction!

The progress is good. Ear: You might think about defining the ear more, rather that just having it as part of the outline of the body (use the photo as your guide). Eye: To me, it looks like the eye is closed. I suggest trying to draw an eye like the photo has (eye lids, eyeball). Nose: The whiskers are bothering me. Too thick??, but they appear to come out of the nose rather than the upper jaw area (and there is only 2). I would play around with thinner whisker lines, maybe use 4 whiskers, and start them from a correct anatomical position. Mouth: The upper mouth appears to have one super fat top tooth and the lower mouth doesn't really have a tooth, but a pointy lip. Think you could easily adapt your current logo having proper tooth size and placement. Keep working hard on this concept. You are going in the right direction!

So for the ear, are you saying to increase the thickness, or are we meaning different things?

spacer.png

So for the ear, are you saying to increase the thickness, or are we meaning different things?

I was thinking something like the ear on this one. Not that this example is a great logo, but some detail within the ear will change your look so it loses the University of Houston look you have going.

The bottom neck area should be rams-esaue

What makes you say that? I would say my logo isn't too far off, assuming we're looking at the same thing.

281px-St_Louis_Rams_logo.svg.png

It'd really help me (and other designers) if you were specific as to why you think it needs changing. Personally, I'm not seeing it.

spacer.png

Here's an update. I've tried something new with the eye; I think it works fairly well. I've also rounded out the ear for a little more of a mountain lion feel. I didn't touch the whiskers all that much. Sure, they're not in the exact correct anatomical position, but I figured I'd take an artistic liberty and still have it look like the same animal.

(Click to enlarge)

O2jGG1T.jpg

I've also included a little promotional poster I might use in the future for social media:

no9yIMr.jpg

If you're in phone, it'll be a little darker, but it reads Lion Pride.

Keep the comments coming, I think I'm almost there!

spacer.png

Hi. Good job so far. I think you have a good logo here. You do not have to follow the anatomics in every aspect as long as you do not lose the key line.

I believe that highlighting and shadowing areas would help you to take it to another level.

Atbw

Daniel

As a few other people have said, the teeth could use a bit more definition, right now the lower one blends into the shape of the bottom jaw and the top one is too fat. I like the new ear, but it could use a mark on the inside for a little more detail. Finally, is there a specific reason for the double points on the chin? It feels unnecessary. These are very minor tweaks I'd like to see, this is improving nicely.

CottonBowl_zpsc664d73a.png

4vAzk2u.png

Star championship signature credit to packerfan21396

May as well respond to some of these now....

Hi. Good job so far. I think you have a good logo here. You do not have to follow the anatomics in every aspect as long as you do not lose the key line.

I believe that highlighting and shadowing areas would help you to take it to another level.

Atbw
Daniel

Hey look, same name ;) . Thanks for the praise, I appreciate it! I would like to put shadows or hi-lights at least, but the lightning on the back may interfere with that.

As a few other people have said, the teeth could use a bit more definition, right now the lower one blends into the shape of the bottom jaw and the top one is too fat. I like the new ear, but it could use a mark on the inside for a little more detail. Finally, is there a specific reason for the double points on the chin? It feels unnecessary. These are very minor tweaks I'd like to see, this is improving nicely.

Interesting, I thinned out the top and thought I solved that issue. The ear is definitely something I can take a look at. As for the two scruffs, I honestly don't have a legitimate explanation. To me, it looks a little better than just one point at the bottom, and a round chin wouldn't seem to fit or look as "intimidating."

spacer.png

This is an awesome look so far. Take it or leave it, but what if you made the whiskers lightning bolts? I'm not saying that it should be your go-to final look, but since there's the bolt on the Lion's neck, why not make the whiskers the same? Andd I do think some shading would be great, I just do know how to apply correctly, so it's hard for me to tell you where to put it.

That's what- She

The eye shape doesn't look quite right to me.

I've tweak the logo on the left (white) so you can see what I mean. Right now, the eye shape (purple) seems a bit too human almost, not more of the almond/marquise shape of a cat eye. Logos obviously exaggerate things for the sake of effect and I think you could probably get the eye to look a bit more fierce.

Of course, that's assuming that you're going for "fierce." You may not be, which is totally fine and relevant, but I figured that most schools tend to want a "mean" logo these days.

T48M4bn.png

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The eye shape doesn't look quite right to me.

I've tweak the logo on the left (white) so you can see what I mean. Right now, the eye shape (purple) seems a bit too human almost, not more of the almond/marquise shape of a cat eye. Logos obviously exaggerate things for the sake of effect and I think you could probably get the eye to look a bit more fierce.

Of course, that's assuming that you're going for "fierce." You may not be, which is totally fine and relevant, but I figured that most schools tend to want a "mean" logo these days.

T48M4bn.png

This is incredibly helpful! Eyes have always been my weak point when it comes to drawing logos, they never seem to turn out right for whatever reason.

This is an awesome look so far. Take it or leave it, but what if you made the whiskers lightning bolts? I'm not saying that it should be your go-to final look, but since there's the bolt on the Lion's neck, why not make the whiskers the same? Andd I do think some shading would be great, I just do know how to apply correctly, so it's hard for me to tell you where to put it.

Wow, that's actually a really cool thought. It may be overkill, but I can certainly give that a try. Yeah, shading is tough to do, especially with the Lightning bolt on the neck taking up as much space as it does.

spacer.png

Alright, here's an update (again). I have to be getting close right? :P (Click for larger version)

M0m1dJ0.png

You'll notice the eye, ear, and lower jaw areas changed. I took out the double chin and added a tooth just to give some depth. Personally, I hope I've almost nailed it. Thoughts?

spacer.png

Archived