Bakersfield Buckaroos AHL Hockey

Whittier S

So the Bakersfield Condors announced a rename-the-team contest, entries due tomorrow night, which is pretty lousy timing on my end as I'm in the thick of the semester with books to read, papers to write, and papers to grade. So I've just had to work at it a bit at a time, fifteen minutes here, a half-hour there, as I work on schoolwork and teaching-work. I know I only have to submit a name, but they say "extra credit" for fuller concepts, so I decided to design jerseys, logos, and a wordmark.

I know they can be better, and would be, if I had time. But I've only had the chance to finish this the day before it's due. It would be nice, for example, if I could manipulate the curves of the texts by hand, but that is detail work for which I simply have no time. (To give you an idea: I have to have read 2 books and a packet of essays, write at least one paper, and grade a stack of essays in the next 48 hours, because grad school.) As to the text, Inkscape mutilates texts when you convert them from .svg to .png anyway, at least if you've altered the angle or kerning or anything.

Anyway, I'm going to have maybe fifteen minutes to a half-hour to apply quick fixes by the time I have to submit this. Meaning, I can swap out colors, delete things, do minor fixes to shapes. I'd very much appreciate any fixes you can offer. Any more detailed advice will not be able to go into the entry, but I might add them later for my own education. Thanks.

Bakersfield%20Buckaroos%201_zpsvtpdt7aa.

rATMcmK.png

If the reference is to Bakersfield's own Buck Owens, whose band was the Buckaroos, plus he had a song called Buckaroo, his trademark (acoustic) guitar was painted red, white and blue.

01-BUCK-OWENS.jpg

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I wanted to keep the electric, since that's what Bakersfield sound is typically played on, but I looked into it a bit further and Buck Owens played an electric with a similar paint job. I added those tweaks, and I think it adds character, to thanks for the advice!

Bakersfield%20Buckaroos%202_zpscacgkcfv.

I've *got* to study now, so I'm going to e-mail this off. Thanks again so much for the help!

rATMcmK.png

Archived