I had 2 Ideas for Grizzlies jerseys, and I didn't think they would work well together. The first is a front jersey design, with 6 stripes to signify 6 strings of a guitar, MEMPHIS, you know.

The second is just something cool that would work probably only with the Grizzlies (and maybe a few more), but I thought it was cool, so I post it here!

grizzzz_zps4wnbkfcm.jpg

C&C COME TO ME! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

tinysig.jpg

^Comments like that without criticism is why many consider the concept section to be down. Too much praise, not enough pointers on things to improve.

My take? This is not a well though out concept. The guitar strings could work well as an element, just not straight down the middle of the jersey. Side panels are an option. And please, don't try the silhouette number thing on the back.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I mean this in the nicest way possible: it looks like something Adidas would do for Christmas. If you want to incorporate the guitar strings without having to put them on the side, try using them as pinstripes. I'm honestly not sure it would work for the Grizzlies, but it's worth a shot. And I have to echo BlackBolt and say that the silhouette on the back doesn't work. All in all, it's not terrible, but as is, it wouldn't work as a basketball jersey.

i get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but unlike the first comment i will agree with the other two. guitar strings could work as an element but right down the middle is not a great way to incorporate it. the silhouette isn't overly terrible but its not great either. overall i'd like to see a bit more yellow but stick with the guitar strings just use them differently!

I'll echo the general sentiment that the guitar strings don't work as you have them. They're just too think. I like the idea of moving them to the side panels, or maybe, maybe making them thinner and distributing them so that there are 6 equidistant stripes across the front and 6 across the back. That may put them too far apart, but it would be more subtle, if it works.

I agree with hockeyny13: Using guitar strings as an element of a jersey is a cool idea, but you need to refine it a bit.

I also agree that the number inside the silhouette doesn't work.

Finally, I don't know how realistic you want it to be (it's your concept after all), but it needs a number on the front to be NBA legal.

Oh, and small point, but the rightmost stripe on the front covers the tag at the bottom of the jersey.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

This would fly well as an Australian Football jersey (or Guernsey, as they call it). But in my opinion, if you were to go for something more abstract, I'd say move the logo up and closer to chest level, make the strings much thinner and maybe work more white into this, like with the number in the bear head.

VHj90kn.png

Archived