Sign in to follow this  
Blackhawks#9

Michigan State pro combat

So I was pretty happy about Michigan State beating Ohio State today. So in honor of that, I decided to make a Michigan State football pro combat. I liked what they came out with a few years ago, so I based this off of those uniforms. The template I believe davidson made, which can be found in the templates thread.

For the concept-

-No black

-Sleeve design is based off of a spartan shield with the upside-down V

-Current font

-"State" wordmark

C&C is appreciated

msuprocombat_zpsf437f04e.png

I'd either flip the helmet colors or add a stripe, I've actually kinda liked the use of bronze as an alternate color for basketball and football, but a full bronze helmet is a bit much. Add a stripe like last time and it might be ok, I think the brighter shade you're using is throwing me off a little bit. I actually liked the use of black on the last alternate, so I think yours is a bit of a downgrade, but I wouldn't hate seeing it as an alternate, it's just a little plain without the black.

This is starting to look exactly the same as their previous pro combat. While I agree with spartan that michigan state can pull black off, if you want to differentiate it from the older one you should consider going back to without black

I don't like the black. Gold, black, and green never look good together IMO.

I agree, I didn't mean to imply that you should add black to your concept, although it looks very nice, it is too similar to last time. I just meant that without the black pants and shoulders, there isn't much else going on with the uniform design and you might want to add something else to add a little detail.