Unseen St. Louis Stallions Photo

ddub53

I disagree about the logo. The Broncos' variation is both insubstantial and incredibly dated looking to me. The Stallions' version isn't a work of art by any means, but it's adequate and I could see it still being used today. Whereas the Broncos probably should have ditched theirs ten years ago.

The logo isn't why I vastly prefer the Stallions' look though. The uniforms have a modern flare to them, but they manage to work in a way that the Broncos' dated side panels just don't.

mod edit

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

sportsfan...

I thought I made it clear when I stated that all relocation/expansion talk was to be taken to the NFL Relocation thread in Sports in General. Please keep the discussion here focused on logos and uniforms. Thank you.

I disagree about the logo. The Broncos' variation is both insubstantial and incredibly dated looking to me. The Stallions' version isn't a work of art by any means, but it's adequate and I could see it still being used today. Whereas the Broncos probably should have ditched theirs ten years ago.

The logo isn't why I vastly prefer the Stallions' look though. The uniforms have a modern flare to them, but they manage to work in a way that the Broncos' dated side panels just don't.

Hmm, I still think that the Broncos' look is "dated" due to overexposure rather than bad design. Those Stallions pictures scream "90's, dude!" in a way that makes me think that their identity wouldn't have stood the test of time as-is. Those sleeve "slashes" in particular are horrific, and the color scheme - while good - doesn't do the design any extra favors.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I strongly suspect that, to some design aficionados, the fact that the Broncos still have the side panel design in use (that came on as a enormous fad in the late 90's to the early part of the turn of the millennium) gives the impression that the logo is, by association, of a similar fad.

I couldn't disagree more. The logo is rock solid and stands up much better than the rest of the uniform.

Whether or not the Broncos (who just last week said that there are no changes in the works for their uniforms https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/563718625480024067) should change the rest of the uniform I think is much less cut and dry.

Or you could have said the Vikings, to stay in the same sport.

Ah, but this is metallic gold and purple. Totally different.

I wonder how different this shade is from the metallic gold the Packers almost switched to around this time. Guess that was the fashion of the period. I know the Packers claimed to have chosen a color unlike the 49ers' and Saints' shades.

Archived