What could have been? Alternate flags of Canada

pianoknight

In the end, simplicity and distinctiveness won the day. Canada's national flag has a unique emblem, unlike a great number of countries which use five-point stars and red, white and blue. It is also simple enough that a child can draw it, unlike some of the more detailed flags of the world.

I can't draw it and I'm a teenager

20h94yq.jpg

tbFKDks.png?1

RU7j0o0.png

In the end, simplicity and distinctiveness won the day. Canada's national flag has a unique emblem, unlike a great number of countries which use five-point stars and red, white and blue. It is also simple enough that a child can draw it, unlike some of the more detailed flags of the world.

I can't draw it and I'm a teenager
Yeah, that maple leaf can get tricky if you are bereft of artistic talent, like I am.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Fun fact: the flag arrived during a time that is now looked upon as a golden era of graphic design in Canada. There was a modernist feel to a lot of the work that was produced, with flat art, clean lines and overall simplicity. Check out this resource if you're interested in some of the more famous Canadian logos, and pay special attention to the ones created in the late 50's, 60's and into the early 70's.

http://preserve.northernarmy.com/

Archived