NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

Los Angeles Aftershocks (Shocks as a nickname)

That's worse than L.A. Fire. Or L.A. KISS.

Imagine..."L.A. 'Shocks strut their stuff with win against Broncos." Clever, but pretty bad for an NFL team.

Sounds fine to me.

Would the logo be a pile of rubble?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine..."L.A. 'Shocks strut their stuff with win against Broncos." Clever, but pretty bad for an NFL team.

Sounds fine to me.

Would the logo be a pile of rubble?

Earthquake themed indeed.

I can't imagine the Raiders, Chargers or Rams would change their name if they moved to Los Angeles for obvious reasons.

The Bills and Jaguars, I am not exactly sure. I don't think the historical premise of the Bills really fits LA, and I could totally see a change. The Jaguars are a fairly young team without a storied history, and if the surveys and what not were against keeping the Jaguar name, we could see an identity change.

Name wise, Los Angeles would have to be careful about choosing their identity without sounding Arena-esque.

The only name that'd I can think of that I would approve of:

Normally nicknames that are specific to a region can be carried over without it mattering too much (LA Lakers for example) but some times it's just so stupid that it should be changed (Utah Jazz for example.) I'd say that the Bills qualifies as the latter, and should definitely be changed if they move to LA or TO.

The Jaguars are interesting. There is absolutely no equity in the name. They are an irrelevant franchise in an irrelevant market that everyone agrees was a mistake. But... it's kind of a cool name and "LA Jaguars" doesn't sound too bad. My guess is that they would change it since there is no equity in it and they could just start fresh, but I really don't think they would need to change it.

As for the others... yeah - no way the Chargers, Rams, or Raiders would (or should) change.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What about the LA Super Stars.

Stars for short.

so a names thats been used by 3 ABA teams that failed, and a number of amateur baseball teams that failed, Stars is an amateur name for a team in LA, because they are playing off of Hollywood, you don't see the Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angles, or Kings doing this.

What about the LA Super Stars.

Stars for short.

so a names thats been used by 3 ABA teams that failed, and a number of amateur baseball teams that failed, Stars is an amateur name for a team in LA, because they are playing off of Hollywood, you don't see the Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers, Angles, or Kings doing this.

Angels is playing off the City of Angels

2. Jaguars works since the Jaguar Clan was one of the major Aztec warrior groups. You could do a very

nice tie in with the Mexican/Mexican American community, but you would need to change the logo from

a jaguar head to an Aztec warrior with the jaguar head helmet of battle. That could be very cool.

I remember someone actually making a concept like this. :censored: was legendary.

Personally, I think the City of Angels is best off with either the Rams or an expansion team. I can't imagine Oakland or San Diego willing to give up their teams in a hurry.

No way the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers rename themselves should any of them move to LA.

The Raiders have been there before (and built enough of a brand there, as manifested by the LA Kings uniforms), the Chargers would still remain in the region (and have some history there), and St. Louis fighting to keep the Rams name would be akin to Kansas City fighting to keep the Athletics (plus the Rams were the Los Angeles team for decades).

That said, I actually believe that the Raiders are slightly ahead of the Rams in the race to LA, as the Davises don't have the money (and hence time) Kroenke does. Worst case, in-limbo scenario for the Rams is that their lease goes year-to-year like the Chargers until they either find a new stadium in St. Louis or pull the plug and move to Los Angeles. The Davises may be forced to sell before long as they don't have the money to wait things out in Oakland while Kroenke does in St. Louis.

Granted, the Rams' owner hasn't said much on the stadium situation (and now has land in LA to boot), but he is from Missouri, he has the money to stay (if he wants to, of course), and the Ed's rooms aren't exactly filling with sewage, so the Rams at least have those going for them.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Sounds fine to me.
Why not just Shockers? Aftershocks doesn't sound like an NFL team to me.

Los Angeles Shockers does sound good too. And I would probably say it sounds better than Los Angeles Jaguars or Los Angeles Bills.

(Which, by the way, naming the team Los Angeles Bills makes absolutely no sense... seeing as the name stems from Buffalo Bill.)

Los Angeles Shockers would get vetoed by the Chargers before they finished saying the name.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think its time to start looking at that :censored: in Miami, Stephen Ross who has run the Dolphins into the utter ground and turned them into a clown college said that he bets gauruntees there will be a team in LA in five years. He is fighting Miami for a new stadium. This guy owns the Dolphins just to play with celbreties. I am adding two and two together and I see the Dolphins moving to LA. At which point I can no longer root for them. I really hate this owner he is a rat and just wants to hang withf amous stars. He is what LA is made off.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If goodel allows the dolphins to move out of south florida, it would be the biggest mistake if his life. There is no way the NFL would allow that to happen

Why? Is it (or any of the Florida cities) really that good of a market.? I mean there's far worse, but it wouldn't be "tragic" to lose Miami.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why not just Shockers?

girls-basketball-team-shocker.jpg

OH GOD WHAT DID FARMINGTON DO THIS TIME?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If goodel allows the dolphins to move out of south florida, it would be the biggest mistake if his life. There is no way the NFL would allow that to happen

Why? Is it (or any of the Florida cities) really that good of a market.? I mean there's far worse, but it wouldn't be "tragic" to lose Miami.

Longevity and a pretty illustrious history that contains what is arguably the best NFL team of all time? Factor in fan support that usually falls between decent and good and Miami's status as a major tv market and I think you could make the case that the NFL is better off with the Miami Dolphins then without.

OH GOD WHAT DID FARMINGTON DO THIS TIME?!

Well, as you can see, those girls all threw the shocker in a picture and got suspended. It was a story this winter, I think.

The Dolphins aren't moving, let's not be silly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived