NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

ooh das not good. Though as STL Fanatic pointed out with season ticket sales going up, not down, we may have Whoville on our hands.

Rob Conner · Top Commenter · Works at St. Louis City Fire Fighters, Paramedics, EMT's & Dispatchers

Ken, your an idiot! The end.

Reply · Like · 5 · Yesterday at 7:19pm

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GO MISSOURI TEA PARTY! DADDY WANTS A FOOTBALL TEAM IN A BETTER MARKET!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

An awful lot of Rams fans are outraged at the politicians supporting this bill, which I get a real kick out of. It's one thing to be outraged if one of them comes out and says they don't want to build the stadium (I wouldn't be outraged, but it's an ok opinion to have), but being mad about implementing a power check as it concerns the spending of hundreds of millions of public dollars? I mean, c'mon. It's a no-brainer.

I do wonder how the Raiders and Chargers feel about their current cities wanting to build a stadium. Are they on board or are they like the Rams owner? Screw this town, im outta here!

The Chargers I think would like to stay. I mean they've been trying for 15 years and San Diego isn't exactly Mogadishu.

The Raiders I'm not so sure. Oakland isn't exactly brimming with wealth, they'll always be #2 to the 49ers and Mark Davis grew up in LA, and also still lives there I believe.

Proposed Chargers-Raiders stadium near Los Angeles advances

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Organizers behind a proposed stadium near Los Angeles that could become home for the NFL's San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders announced Saturday they reached an important, early benchmark on the path to construction.

A coalition of supporters, including labor unions, has collected over 14,000 petition signatures in the city of Carson, nearly twice the number needed to place the stadium plan before local voters.

The Carson signatures must be verified by election officials to qualify the plan for the ballot, a process that is expected to begin next week. However, the election could be bypassed if the project is approved by Carson's City Council.

http://news.yahoo.com/proposed-chargers-raiders-stadium-near-los-angeles-advances-193108017.html

So both LA stadiums should be shovel ready soon.

Having a football stadium downtown is a waste of a downtown. Indoor arenas can be booked solid with the right management, but what the hell does a football stadium do most of the year? Build it in the parking lot next to the current stadium and just make sure it's really nice.

Agreed. That's why you have to put on it to attract Final Fours and other large indoor events. That's why Cleveland really screwed up not putting a dome on the Browns Stadium.

Yeah, because when I think of a great site for really big events with global exposure, Cleveland comes immediately to mind... :D

It's no worse than Indianapolis and San Antonio, which are to the Final Four what Miami and New Orleans are to the Super Bowl.

LOS ANGELES (AP) Organizers behind a proposed stadium near Los Angeles that could become home for the NFL's San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders announced Saturday they reached an important, early benchmark on the path to construction.

A coalition of supporters, including labor unions, has collected over 14,000 petition signatures in the city of Carson, nearly twice the number needed to place the stadium plan before local voters.

The Carson signatures must be verified by election officials to qualify the plan for the ballot, a process that is expected to begin next week. However, the election could be bypassed if the project is approved by Carson's City Council.

http://news.yahoo.com/proposed-chargers-raiders-stadium-near-los-angeles-advances-193108017.html

Just both? Grand Crossing (City of Industry), while neither preferred nor attached to a current NFL franchise has been ready for years.

San Diego's new stadium committee will not ask for tax increase

Instead, the committee will look at assembling a financial plan that includes naming rights, personal seat licenses, contributions from the NFL and the Chargers, parking fees, concession fees and profits from any mixed-use development on the 166-acre, city-owned site that includes Qualcomm Stadium.

The committee is set to deliver its financing plan to Mayor Kevin Faulconer by May 20. Faulconer has said that the issue will be presented to voters even if that is not legally necessary.

The city is seeking to retain an investment banking firm to help with the financing package, negotiations with the Chargers, and a possible bond issue. Five firms have submitted proposals and a decision is expected next month, the mayor’s office confirmed Saturday.

“We’re moving full speed ahead,” Faulconer said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-diegos-new-stadium-committee-will-not-ask-for-tax-increase-20150321-story.html

This second article is a bit too in depth for me to quote pieces and give an idea of what it's saying, but after reading it I can't help but wonder how EITHER of the two sites could work for the Chargers:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/mar/21/chargers-downtown-stadium-not-dead/?#article-copy

If anyone wants to chime, please do so.

Stan Kroenke ready to show NFL owners detailed Inglewood stadium plans

SAM FARMER

March 22, 2015, 12:00 a.m.

Stan Kroenke won't be empty handed this week when he arrives at the NFL owners meetings in Arizona.

The St. Louis Rams owner will be packing finished schematic plans for the world's most interactive and integrated football stadium, a futuristic, $1.86-billion, privately financed venue proposed for the Hollywood Park site in Inglewood.

Continue Reading: http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83117878/

la_sp_sn_new_stadium_20150320_001.jpg

la_sp_sn_new_stadium_20150320_002.jpg

la_sp_sn_new_stadium_20150320_003.jpg

la_sp_sn_new_stadium_20150320_004.jpg

la_sp_sn_new_stadium_20150320_005.jpg

la_sp_sn_new_stadium_20150320_006.jpg

LOS ANGELES (AP) Organizers behind a proposed stadium near Los Angeles that could become home for the NFL's San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders announced Saturday they reached an important, early benchmark on the path to construction.

Just both? Grand Crossing (City of Industry), while neither preferred nor attached to a current NFL franchise has been ready for years.

City of Industry never had a NFL team attached, while the Carson and Inglewood proposals do.

Looks cool. I approve.

Is the bowl going to be dug into the ground? It looks pretty low on the exterior shot compared to what's inside.

I believe that's correct. That's part of the whole being close to the airport thing. Despite the potshots thrown at it from AEG, in all probability, the stadium does totally comply with regulations, but it was a factor in how they designed the building. Keeping it as low to ground level or sea-level as possible is part of that.

So Stan will build it with two teams in mind. Two home locket rooms and two owner suites. The Rams are there. Who will be their Kidman in this Far and Away race? Who will help plant the flag? I'm thinking Raiders.

Archived