NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

That's the thing, though: Both the Rams and Chargers want to be the lead dog in L.A. The scenario of them together seemed less likely once the Chargers' plan was unveiled.

The Raiders would likely shack up with whoever would have them, although it doesn't seem like the Rams want company.

I can't see the Raiders going it alone at this point, in St. Louis, San Antonio or elsewhere. They seem destined to be a second team in any market for the extent of current ownership.

Actually that seems to have changed. They went out of their way to point out the new stadium can host 2 NFL teams in Inglewood. And frankly I don't think the Chargers care if they're the lead dog in Carson or the second team in Inglewood. They just want to ensure that they're one of the two teams to minimize their losses of their precious 25% LA based fans/businesses.

Nevermind they'll lose almost all of the 75% of their existing fan base. But that doesn't seem to be concerning them.

That was to appease the NFL requirements. You really think they *want* company? I don't think that's changed at all.

And if the Chargers don't care, why didn't they just jump on the Inglewood bandwagon when it was right there for them to use as leverage? As opposed to leading their own development with the Raiders as a "partner."

That's the thing, though: Both the Rams and Chargers want to be the lead dog in L.A. The scenario of them together seemed less likely once the Chargers' plan was unveiled.

The Raiders would likely shack up with whoever would have them, although it doesn't seem like the Rams want company.

I can't see the Raiders going it alone at this point, in St. Louis, San Antonio or elsewhere. They seem destined to be a second team in any market for the extent of current ownership.

Actually that seems to have changed. They went out of their way to point out the new stadium can host 2 NFL teams in Inglewood. And frankly I don't think the Chargers care if they're the lead dog in Carson or the second team in Inglewood. They just want to ensure that they're one of the two teams to minimize their losses of their precious 25% LA based fans/businesses.

Nevermind they'll lose almost all of the 75% of their existing fan base. But that doesn't seem to be concerning them.

That was to appease the NFL requirements. You really think they *want* company? I don't think that's changed at all.

I'm not sure Stan would turn down another team playing in his stadium, filling dates, and paying him rent.

And if the Chargers don't care, why didn't they just jump on the Inglewood bandwagon when it was right there for them to use as leverage? As opposed to leading their own development with the Raiders as a "partner."

The Chargers have been hypocritical the entire time. They spoke out against the Rams returning, claiming it was wrong for a team to claim LA after having abandoned it. So who do they get to tag along with them? The Raiders. Hilarious.

On top of that? If they want to be the only LA team they wouldn't have brought the Raiders along at all. They did though, so obviously they aren't opposed to sharing the LA market with a team that used to play there. So I see nothing to indicate that they'd be opposed to sharing Stan's stadium if the conditions were right.

Moving anyone (Jags, Raiders) into St. Louis after the Rams leave just seems ridiculous to me.

"Oh hey, you've spent twenty-something years cheering for this team? Well they're gone. Root for this other (worse) team instead." For a city that's already having attendance issues? It's probably not the best move to make. I mean if you're going to do that you might as well just have Mark Davis and Stan Kroenke swap franchises and have Stan move the Raiders to Inglewood while Mark keeps the Rams in St. Louis. It's never going to happen, but you might as well do that if you're just going to force the Raiders into St. Louis once the Rams leave anyway.

Obviously this could play out any number of ways, but I'd prefer to see the Raiders in LA or in San Antonio. The Raiders sharing a stadi-mall in the suburbs with the 49ers just seems wrong, and moving the Raiders into Cardinals Nation more so.

Subtle little shot at the Niners.

What is the deal with Levi's Stadium, actually? It seems like everybody is referring to it as a disastrous mistake and symbolic of the organization. It looks good on TV, but what's wrong with it? Just that it's too far in the suburbs?

Depends on who you ask. The minority of Niners fans who live in San Francisco proper are annoyed by how far it is from SF. Others are annoyed by the very steep increase in ticket prices from Candlestick. Others still are annoyed by the poor parking and transit situation at the new park, which is at best he same as Candlestick (which sucked on both counts). Still more are annoyed by the stadium design itself which has lent itself to be very warm for at least half the season, particularly on the east side where the bulk of fans sit. And lastly it's not a very well appointed or attractive stadium unless you're in the rich guy west side tower either. 1.4 billion just didn't buy that great of a stadium.

It looks so chintzy from the outside, like someone built it with an erector set. I'm not in the practice of geeking out over the architecture of football stadiums, where I find aesthetics to be least important, but man, that place looks ugly. It's also supposed to be filled with Silicon Valley's worst rich asswipes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Whenever I see Levi Stadium, I'm always taken aback the amount and scale of suites. It looks like a whole wall of them, very much creating a first- and second- (or serf, really) class feeling.

This doesn't look like a fun place to be:

levis-stadium.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

bors1 pretty much nailed it.

The nostalgia of Candlestick, the increase in prices with PSLs, transportation issues (VTA light rail cannot add more train cars per trip), and team performance is what makes many feel slighted.

OTOH, only 10% of the season ticket holders at Candlestick were SF city residents, while 30+% were from the South Bay. If you live in the North Bay, it is actually takes less time to get home from Levis than it did from Candlestick.

Whenever I see Levi Stadium, I'm always taken aback the amount and scale of suites. It looks like a whole wall of them, very much creating a first- and second- (or serf, really) class feeling.

levis-stadium.jpg

At least the put them on the side that's not on camera.

Most stadiums have the "clubs", which are outdoor seats (usually middle tier) with access to a fancy indoor club, and then the "suites", which would be the glass-encased catered booths (also with a club.)

Does this Levis design mean that the middle-tier seats on the opposite side of the suites are accessible to general public? Or are those some kind of premium club deal as well? If the former, then it's actually good that more good seats are accessible, instead of the whole middle level being a premium deal.

If not, then it sucks, because there's fewer non-premium seats than in other stadiums, driving up the price for tickets in the secondary market.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

levis-stadium.jpg

At least the put them on the side that's not on camera.

Most stadiums have the "clubs", which are outdoor seats (usually middle tier) with access to a fancy indoor club, and then the "suites", which would be the glass-encased catered booths (also with a club.)

Does this Levis design mean that the middle-tier seats on the opposite side of the suites are accessible to general public? Or are those some kind of premium club deal as well? If the former, then it's actually good that more good seats are accessible, instead of the whole middle level being a premium deal.

If not, then it sucks, because there's fewer non-premium seats than in other stadiums, driving up the price for tickets in the secondary market.

There is a club level within the suite tower and one on the other side of the field. It has 20 rows of seats and the lounge looks directly only the concourse of the lower bowl. From the Oregon@Cal game I went to in October.

IMG_20141024_203052_zpswxnutyae.jpg

IMG_20141024_185954_zpsnmeo2twm.jpg

Also, inside the "bowels" of the lower bowl, there are clubs for those who have seats between the 30s on both sidelines.

That wall of suites is the future. Picture that... but everywhere.

Yeah.

Detroit's Ford Field,

fordfield.jpg

Atlanta's Philips Arena,

philips-arena-concert-8839.jpg

& LA's Staples Center jumped on this trend.

staplessuite.jpg

Can't say I blame them. The NFL esp. is essentially a tv show. Live NFL fans, & one day most all sports fans, will want the home viewing experience at the stadium.

Apples & oranges- Air Canada Centre has the most massive fail by burying the 'platinum' lounge amenities beneath the stands. Thus for the opening 5-10mins of every f'n hockey period, the entire lower bowl is half empty.

The Leafs have been upset with that over the years, as new personnel comes & goes, experiencing it themselves during games.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Support Of Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones Makes NFL To L.A. A Lock
The question of whether these teams can move without NFL approval is not clear. Many believe that teams can follow in the footsteps of Al Davis and simply move their team. The League believes it has plugged the Davis loophole with rewritten League rules. Ultimately however, the Commissioner serves at the pleasure of the 32 League owners–and when it comes to power and influence, few owners have more clout than Kraft and Jones.
These two owners along with the Rooneys in Pittsburgh, Jerry Richardson from Carolina and the Mara/Tisch partnership are the core of NFL leadership. When they speak, it is a bellwether as to how the League will act.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/03/26/kraft-jones-endorsement-makes-nfl-to-la-a-lock/

The NFL American football league is “absolutely” on track to introduce a full-time team in London by 2022 while plans are progressing to stage regular-season games in Germany, according to Mark Waller, the league’s executiveicon1.png vice-president of international operations.

Waller, speaking after the league’s annual meeting in Phoenix, told the NFL website that London would have held four games rather than three this year in the International Series if the 2015 Rugby World Cup had not already been scheduled to take place in England.

He added that the International Series is likely to be expanded in 2017, with Germany and Mexico being the focus of the efforts. In Germany, Frankfurt and Dusseldorf are the most likely candidates, although Berlin and Munich are also under consideration. In Mexico, the first step will be attempting to bring pre-season games to the capital, Mexico City

I think we've concluded that Brazil and Germany are the next two frontier markets, which is where the Pro Bowl idea comes from.”

http://www1.skysports.com/nfl/news/12040/9777508/nfl-on-track-for-full-time-franchise-in-london-by-2022

http://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/full-time-london-team-set-nfl-2022-league-targets-germany-mexico

Madness.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is totally going to be used to Trojan Horse an expanded regular season. Just watch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)