NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

Maybe that news I noted earlier was bigger than I realized. The implications seem to be that the path is now clear for Nixon to extend the bonds without a vote.

As far as I can tell, that would only apply to the state's portion of the funding, though. There is still a St. Louis city ordinance requiring a vote, and still no word on how they're making up the "lost" funds from the county.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I think of when I see the new Stl stadium renderings if how is this better than the current dome. Besides being open air, having field suites, and nicer video boards I don't see anything nicer than the current dome. Two of these three things could be added in the current stadium.

The dome is dull, but it has a club level, loge boxes, suites, plenty of restrooms and concessions, and its one of the easier stadiums to navigate of the 100 or so I've visited.

I'm also skeptical of all this supposed extra convention business the dome will suddenly get if the Rams are gone. When I went to the car show last year they only used a quarter of the dome for some BS exhibits. 15 years ago the entire dome was used for new model displays. I think the convention business is not as big as people think and the supply of convention centers only gets bigger as more cities throw tax money at them.

To me, the dome's only real problem was that it was leased to the Rams with one of the dumbest leases ever constructed. I know they were desperate to get a team back but still...

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Those are lovely renderings, but that's never been in question. I still want to know how they intend to pay for it.

Yep, I agree. The renderings keep getting lovlier, though, so they're cool to look at.

It seems like the Task Force keeps impressing the NFL with their plan, so I have to think the funding is viewed as realistic, but until they tell us in detail, we should remain skeptical.

Something happened in the Missouri Senate this afternoon, but I'm not entirely clear what. But some sort of budget was passed that included money for the Edward Jones Dome withOUT a provision restricting money from going to a new stadium. But that's entirely as much as I know. I don't know if this is big news or small stuff. I'm thinking it's pretty small stuff.

Of course the funding is realistic... Missouri and St. Louis are basically bending over and asking the NFL, "Please sir may I have another!"

Which is exactly what they want. San Diego and Oakland by comparison are sitting on their hands as you'd expect any California city to do at this point.

Two months after unveiling plans and renderings for a stadium in Carson, the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders have completely overhauled their design for the $1.7-billion project.

The Chargers and Raiders presented their concept in New York this week to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities, composed of six team owners.

Although the original renderings were created with input from only the Chargers, the new design is the result of almost two months of collaboration between the franchises.

The revised plans show a futuristic open-air venue with a peristyle intentionally reminiscent of the one at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum.

Continue reading: http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83373303/

la_sp_new_carson_renderings_side_view_20

Still don't understand why you're building in open air when the Best Pussies in Baseball can't be arsed to go to a climate-controlled dome in winter.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Those are lovely renderings, but that's never been in question. I still want to know how they intend to pay for it.

Yep, I agree. The renderings keep getting lovlier, though, so they're cool to look at.

It seems like the Task Force keeps impressing the NFL with their plan, so I have to think the funding is viewed as realistic, but until they tell us in detail, we should remain skeptical.

Something happened in the Missouri Senate this afternoon, but I'm not entirely clear what. But some sort of budget was passed that included money for the Edward Jones Dome withOUT a provision restricting money from going to a new stadium. But that's entirely as much as I know. I don't know if this is big news or small stuff. I'm thinking it's pretty small stuff.

I find it ludicrous that people are considering paying for a new football stadium for a team that may not actually want to stay when the old football stadium has yet to have been paid off.
Houston (Harris Co.) did it and built two new venues. Astrodome is just now paid for.

Seattle did it and built two new venues (Kingdome just paid off in January).

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/seattle/2015/03/26/kingdome-bonds-debt-paid-off/70504126/

Philadelphia did it (and may have just finished the payments).

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2013/06/14/paying-building-now-demolished-vet/

Indianapolis did it.

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts/indianapolis-still-paying-for-rca-dome

New Jersey (Meadowlands) did it.

Occurs much more than you think.

That's a much better design than the first one. Apparently that tesla coil (or whatever it is), will shoot electricity whenever the Chargers score. Crazy. Don't know what would happen when the Raiders score, but that's pretty unlikely anyways.

That's a much better design than the first one. Apparently that tesla coil (or whatever it is), will shoot electricity whenever the Chargers score. Crazy. Don't know what would happen when the Raiders score, but that's pretty unlikely anyways.

How many "likes" can we give posts in a day? :P

A flame for Al Davis, similar to what O.co has for games since his death.

It'll shoot bullets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not really related to anything, but I find it pretty funny how that rendering literally has 'Naming Rights' written on the roof

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

w4rbWwB.jpg

Given the facility's design, a naming rights deal with Kohler seems apropos. Of course, Kohler Stadium would undoubtedly give way to a far more descriptive nickname.

"Welcome to 'The Toilet Seat'!"

Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland. Beautiful stadium, but sure does look like a toilet from the air.

6577649251_6d0426f3a9_b.jpg

8106717503_2c9277f922_b.jpg

8825812918_c19c939b7b_b.jpg

9514142799_7bfb62bf66_b.jpg

4923186346_e56c36a1c2_b.jpg

gallery-2044.jpg

gallery-391.jpg

Archived