NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

w4rbWwB.jpgGiven the facility's design, a naming rights deal with Kohler seems apropos. Of course, Kohler Stadium would undoubtedly give way to a far more descriptive nickname."Welcome to 'The Toilet Seat'!"

Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland. Beautiful stadium, but sure does look like a toilet from the air.6577649251_6d0426f3a9_b.jpg8106717503_2c9277f922_b.jpg8825812918_c19c939b7b_b.jpg9514142799_7bfb62bf66_b.jpg4923186346_e56c36a1c2_b.jpggallery-2044.jpggallery-391.jpg

Looks like a nice stadium...to POOP into!

*Triumph'd.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up until about 3:30pm ET, that link went to a "Los Angeles Rams" page.

Yahoo was on it this morning: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/the-nfl-s-official-website-already-has-a--los-angeles-rams--page-181222894.html

To be fair, there are sites for all former teams.
With stats about the 2014 team, though?
Yes

The only one I could find: http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=BOS

And it's broken in the same way as the Rams one was. But that's hardly "all former teams," since all other relocated teams with a 2014 team have since been replaced in their vacated markets. The Staleys and Spartans do not seem to have pages.

There were (may all be down now) sites for the LA Rams, LA Raiders, Phoenix Cardinals, and Boston Patriots. Maybe others too.

There's a whole bunch of reasons to think the Rams will wind up in LA. I don't think this registers as anything whatsoever, though.

If it doesn't register as anything, why would the NFL take it down...?

There were (may all be down now) sites for the LA Rams, LA Raiders, Phoenix Cardinals, and Boston Patriots. Maybe others too.

There's a whole bunch of reasons to think the Rams will wind up in LA. I don't think this registers as anything whatsoever, though.

Because it went (semi) viral and people started talking about it. It's not like it would be a huge undertaking for them to set up an LA Rams website, where they'd have to do it 8 months in advance. If the Rams announced tomorrow that they were moving, there'd be a site up before the end of the press conference. I don't think for a second that the NFL tipped their hand here.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Because everyone freaked out about it as supposed evidence of an imminent move. When in reality it's just a vestige of the last Rams relocation that everyone read way too much into. Removing it removes the ability to read anything into it.

Because everyone freaked out about it as supposed evidence of an imminent move. When in reality it's just a vestige of the last Rams relocation that everyone read way too much into. Removing it removes the ability to read anything into it.

You know, nfl.com was only authorized two days before the Rams' move to St. Louis was approved. I'm not sure that's vestigal.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I thought it was funny that some reports said it was left over from when the Rams were in L.A. ... as if the Internet in its current form has just always been there and we weren't all trapped in AOL's version back in the 1994 season (at best).

Archived