duma

NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

NFL is indeed going to give Oakland a bunch of extra money lol. What a bunch of hypocrites. I cannot wait until this league shrivels up and nearly dies.

Is there any firm confirmation of any of this? ESPN isn't reporting it and all we have is twitter links, which have contradicted each other on occasion.

It's done. The Los Angeles Rams are back. I'm so stoked. Can't wait until August.

Oh, and GFF that Mark Davis of all people was the one to play this so masterfully. He never really wanted to go to Los Angeles and no one else ever wanted him there, but now everyone has to pay him off to get out of the way. The only way he could have done this better would be if he bought the rights to www.losangeleschargers.com and made them buy that off him too. Truly he was guided by the eternal flame on this one.

Is there any firm confirmation of any of this? ESPN isn't reporting it and all we have is twitter links, which have contradicted each other on occasion.

No league confirmation, but NFLN's Judy Bautista broke that the Raiders were backing out and CSN Bay Area's Scott Bair mentioned about Mark Davis' exit strategy including a reduced or no relocation fee in the event Davis is unable to come to a deal in Oakland and uses the money not to relocate to L.A. to move elsewhere.

Oh, and GFF that Mark Davis of all people was the one to play this so masterfully. He never really wanted to go to Los Angeles and no one else ever wanted him there, but now everyone has to pay him off to get out of the way. The only way he could have done this better would be if he bought the rights to www.losangeleschargers.com and made them buy that off him too. Truly he was guided by the eternal flame on this one.

Al's ghost told him how to play this around the time it told him to nut up and put the AFL logo in the endzones.

No league confirmation, but NFLN's Judy Bautista broke that the Raiders were backing out and CSN Bay Area's Scott Bair mentioned about Mark Davis' exit strategy including a reduced or no relocation fee in the event Davis is unable to come to a deal in Oakland and uses the money not to relocate to L.A. to move elsewhere.

OK, so we don't know if there was an actual vote that makes the approval for the Rams official.

We also don't know (and likely they don't even know) if the Chargers are going to pay rent to Kroenke, if they'll be partners, if they're just going to do their own thing somehow (unlikely), or where they're even going to play next year.

Aren't those things (at least the part about the business arrangement for them in Inglewood) kinda big deals before anything can be official?

It's official. The Rams got the votes for Inglewood. The Chargers got first right to join them (in other words, make a deal with Kroenke). The Raiders have withdrawn their application.

Finally...

After over 20 years...

Numerous stadium "projects"...

Countless broken promises...

A failed expansion bid...

Too many times being used as bait...

It's all come back around.

Welcome back... to your...

LOS ANGELES RAMS!!!

We have football again. We truly have football again. The team we never should have lost. Welcome back, boys. I am SO excited, and I am PROUD to say...

LET'S GO RAMS!!!

Al's ghost told him how to play this around the time it told him to nut up and put the AFL logo in the endzones.

Al Davis: Ghost of Raiders Past

Charles Woodson: Ghost of Raiders Present

Some Dude Dressed As Like A Gay Samurai Vampire Biker: Ghost of Raiders Yet To Come

God stab us, everyone!

I'm in a fantasy league with 11 Rams fans and their text chain is blowing up my phone. In short, they're far more pissed off at the NFL and Kroenke than they are upset about the Rams leaving. I feel bad for them, and all the other Rams fans in St. Louis -- contrary to popular belief, there are many.

339 pages and we're just about done guys

Goodbye, everyone! We'll all meet again in 10 years when the London talks start!

My utter glee that the league is both staying in Oakland and leaving St. Louis is significantly tempered by losing San Diego. That sucks a lot and the league is worse off for that. But as they say, two outta three ain't bad.