NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

Real question: what will the Edward Jones Dome do now? Does it just sit there? Are there other events?

Yeah, there are other things they do at the Dome. Lots of conventions. The NCAA men's basketball tournament has had rounds played in St. Louis. It won't sit vacant and unused.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Charger fan who doesn't want them to move to LA, I'm even angrier and more frustrated now than I was before. Instead of just ripping the Band-Aid off, this team is going to torture its fans for up to a year, all because Dean Spanos is an idiot who sucks at negotiating. I see zero reason to believe that he's going to take this year to get a deal done in San Diego - if he wanted to stay, the stadium would be under construction right now, if not built already. All in all, this franchise continues to treat its fans in an utterly disgraceful manner.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Real question: what will the Edward Jones Dome do now?

Turned into a parking lot where the Best Fans In Baseball play catch on the blood of the non-believers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Real question: what will the Edward Jones Dome do now? Does it just sit there? Are there other events?

it'll get torn down ias a result of the reggie bush injury lawsuit Kappa

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Could def see Chargers still working out a deal in SD. This isn't as over as originally thought.

The Spanos family has had 31 years to get a stadium built in San Diego. They have consistently shot down every attempt by the city to get a deal done while proposing nothing themselves. This year won't be any different, especially when Dean knows he can move to LA.

xLmjWVv.png

Probably a lot of events. 8 home dates + 2 pre-season gone from the NFL can't possibly be dire.

So London is now the new bait-tag for future NFL relocations...right?

London Jaguars. That's all that is.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Dean Spanos' statement is laughable.

My goal from the start of this process was to create the options necessary to safeguard the future of the Chargers franchise while respecting the will of my fellow NFL owners. Today we achieved this goal with the compromise reached by NFL ownership. The Chargers have been approved to relocate to Los Angeles, at the Inglewood location, at any time in the next year. In addition, the NFL has granted an additional $100 million in assistance in the event there is a potential solution that can be placed before voters in San Diego. I will be working over the next several weeks to explore the options that we have now created for ourselves to determine the best path forward for the Chargers.

Basically "I don't WANT to move to LA. I want to be in San Diego! With all you fine people! I just want to keep my options open. That's all!"

Just sell the team. Let someone else rebuild all the good faith you lost in San Diego.

Besides, LA is a Rams town now B)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Turned into a parking lot where the Best Fans In Baseball play catch on the blood of the non-believers.

This is like two previous threads morphed into one quote ... *slow clap*

I saw, I came, I left.

This is like two previous threads morphed into one quote ... *slow clap*

The Phoenix Coyotes survived their existential crisis and the St. Louis Rams of the National Football League didn't. Let's just sit quietly with our hands folded and try to make a little sense out of this.

So I know the Chargers have first right of negotiation, but is there any possibility negotiations ramp up and they also head to LA in 2016 to avoid a potential lame duck season in SD?

The city is voting on a stadium in June. If Dean gets his ass in gear and decides before then, he'll probably get to move this year.

xLmjWVv.png

Will CBS be cool with it if neither the Chargers or Raiders relocate to LA? Wasn't that a big reason two teams were speculated to make the move in the first place? So the two main broadcast partners of the league would be on somewhat equal footing when it comes to markets they cover. Seems like FOX would "win" if neither of the AFC teams move in with the Rams.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Kroenke DENIED the right to move to Inglewood ALONE.

This might happen anyway, which is what should have happened all along.

Will CBS be cool with it if neither the Chargers or Raiders relocate to LA? Wasn't that a big reason two teams were speculated to make the move in the first place? So the two main broadcast partners of the league would be on somewhat equal footing when it comes to markets they cover. Seems like FOX would "win" if neither of the AFC teams move in with the Rams.

Doesn't Fox pay more than CBS?

Archived