duma

NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

Now the Chargers may not come at all because Spanos is acting like a spolied child. F*** that guy.

Doesn't matter though, the Los Angeles Rams have officially been approved!

So is Jerry Jones buying you out with the Cowboys?

The Chargers ditching San Diego to become the NFL's version of the Clippers just blows me away. What a truly HUGE sacrifice it is to lose the San Diego market. They're a market that constantly got bent over by ownership yet they STILL loved that team. This is such a disgrace.

And yeah, screw the Raiders, too. They should be made to share the park in Santa Clara with the Niners. The only thing that could make this any worse is if they end up getting a billion dollar tax funded palace in the Bay Area out of this.

So, you're pissed a team might move 122 miles. But, 34 miles is a-okay?

Geesh. Also, as I said before. READ THE REPORTS about the Chargers. It appears they're going to use this as leverage, hard leverage, to get an 11th hour deal done with the city. And the Raiders apparently are looking for the same deal with Oakland.

I can't possibly see the city of San Diego being compelled to make any further moves. The ground is about as salted as it gets at this point. The only hope is that Stan doesn't budge on what he's willing to give up to the Chargers, and THAT forces their hand. I hope Stand offers nothing, the Chargers balk, and the Raiders swoop in to become the Rams cronies.

And comparing San Diego to Oakland isn't an apt comparison. The Raiders have very little market left in the Bay Area and play their home games in the middle of a war zone. If it takes a move to Santa Clara to prevent them from leaching off of the state's taxpayers any further, then it's worth it. San Diego is MUCH more worthy of receiving any funding help, as the city of San Diego has offered nearly a half a billion dollars in public money as it is. That's much more than can be said for broke ass Oakland.

And the Chargers just wanted to block Kroenke. They can be second banana in San Diego just as easily as in L.A.

Pairing with the Raiders let them be the lead dog. Now, they have a bit of a mess.

Fox/CBS isn't a pure NFC/AFC split anymore.

They move games between the networks now, so if there's only one L.A. team they'll work it out.

I also have a funny feeling in a few years you'll see CBS and Fox rotate the AFC and NFC deals year by year given the new cross-flex environment. Granted Fox pays more because #GREATESTDIVISIONINSPORTS markets plus Green Bay/Chicago/San Francisco/now LA whereas the AFC really only has Boston, New York, and Houston as top 10 markets, but I can still see that being a new wrinkle in a couple of years.

I digress, apologies.

Finally...

After over 20 years...

Numerous stadium "projects"...

Countless broken promises...

A failed expansion bid...

Too many times being used as bait...

It's all come back around.

Welcome back... to your...

LOS ANGELES RAMS!!!

We have football again. We truly have football again. The team we never should have lost. Welcome back, boys. I am SO excited, and I am PROUD to say...

LET'S GO RAMS!!!

Wherever he is, DBAdefense is...well he's probably finding a way to complain about this. Let's be real.

AND they're going to spend yet another lost season at Qualcomm?!

God, I hope the few fans who show up next season literally burn Jack Murphy to the ground in the middle of the first home game.

What becomes of this thread now?

Now we start talking about getting the Rams back to where they truly belong - in Cleveland.

RamsClevscript.gif112px-Ramsclev_150x160.jpg

"Hollywood Handsome, Dodge City Tough" was probably the most memorable admiral avatar/member title combo IMO

Dean has already sent out his sleazebag lawyer Mark Fabiani to announce that he's going to start negotiating with Kroenke tonight. So much for "taking the night off!" He couldn't even last a few minutes before going back on his bull :censored: statement.

Now the Chargers may not come at all because Spanos is acting like a spolied child. F*** that guy.

Acutally, this brings up an interesting question. Can the Cowboys continue to have training camps out here in Oxnard?

Somewhat off topic: Before the return to LA became official, I've had the weirdest feeling that RG3 might end up with the Rams next season. Don't know why, but I just do.

"Hollywood Handsome, Dodge City Tough" was probably the most memorable admiral avatar/member title combo IMO

Hontas → the admiral

Hollywood handsome, Dodge City tough? How ugly of a :censored: are you?

Nov 5/10 23:15 · Delete · Lock

If I'm reading some things right, apparently Mark Davis has said to reporters that the Raiders don't even have a home for the 2016 season. Oh boy.

Acutally, this brings up an interesting question. Can the Cowboys continue to have training camps out here in Oxnard?

I'm not sure, but I think the Cowboys had training camp in California back when the Rams were still in LA.

Rams statement:

Following a vote from National Football League owners, the Rams officially have been approved to return to the greater Los Angeles area and will do so for the 2016 NFL season. The organization called Los Angeles home from 1946-1994.

"This has been the most difficult process of my professional career," said Rams owner E. Stanley Kroenke. "While we are excited about the prospect of building a new stadium in Inglewood, California, this is bitter sweet. St. Louis is a city known for its incredibly hard-working, passionate and proud people. Being part of the group that brought the NFL back to St. Louis in 1995 is one of the proudest moments of my professional career. Reaching two Super Bowls and winning one are things all St. Louisans should always treasure.

"While there understandably has been emotionally charged commentary regarding our motives and intentions, the speculation is not true and unfounded. I am a Missouri native named after two St. Louis sports legends who I was fortunate enough to know on a personal level. This move isn't about whether I love St. Louis or Missouri. I do and always will. No matter what anyone says, that will never change. This decision is about what is in the best long-term interests of the Rams organization and the National Football League. We have negotiated in good faith with the Regional Sports Authority for more than a decade trying to find a viable and sustainable solution. When it became apparent that we might not be able to reach an agreement, it was then and only then that we looked at alternatives.

"We would like to thank the National Football League, its owners, and the Committee on Los Angeles Opportunities for their diligence and dedication. We look forward to returning to Los Angeles and building a world-class NFL entertainment district in Inglewood."

That's rich. It wasn't speculation. It was right there on your relocation PDF.

L.O.L.

So I know the Chargers have first right of negotiation, but is there any possibility negotiations ramp up and they also head to LA in 2016 to avoid a potential lame duck season in SD?

The city is voting on a stadium in June. If Dean gets his ass in gear and decides before then, he'll probably get to move this year.

I think that vote's a huge reason why the Chargers relocation application was approved "as an option." Behind the scenes Dean was told, "Let this one last vote fail, then you can go with our blessing and a clean conscience." The day after the vote fails to pass? The Mayflower vans are headed north.

Will CBS be cool with it if neither the Chargers or Raiders relocate to LA? Wasn't that a big reason two teams were speculated to make the move in the first place? So the two main broadcast partners of the league would be on somewhat equal footing when it comes to markets they cover. Seems like FOX would "win" if neither of the AFC teams move in with the Rams.

The only reason the NFL wants two teams in any market area (New York, Los Angeles, Oakland/San Francisco) is television. It won't cause CBS to get pissy about it, but expect that Fox will be asked to pony up some extra dough for its NFC package next time it comes up.

I hate to see anybody relocate, but LA Rams feels like righting a wrong.

Sorry, St. Louis and I'm sorry to all the legit St. Louis Rams fans. I met some of you in Cincinnati this year when the Rams played the Bengals. My hockey team has been the subject of minor relocation rumors and it would be the worst thing to ever happen to me as a sports fan if it came to fruition so I sympathize. With all that though you got a Super Bowl win and another Super Bowl appearance out of them. That's better than Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Atlanta, and San Diego can say.

I feel the worst for San Diego. To put this in perspective: they've been in San Diego longer than the original Browns were in Cleveland before moving to Baltimore.

"This has been the most difficult process of my professional career," said Rams owner E. Stanley Kroenke. "While we are excited about the prospect of building a new stadium in Inglewood, California, this is bitter sweet. St. Louis is a city known for its incredibly hard-working, passionate and proud people. Being part of the group that brought the NFL back to St. Louis in 1995 is one of the proudest moments of my professional career.

. . .

"While there understandably has been emotionally charged commentary regarding our motives and intentions, the speculation is not true and unfounded. I am a Missouri native named after two St. Louis sports legends who I was fortunate enough to know on a personal level. This move isn't about whether I love St. Louis or Missouri. I do and always will. No matter what anyone says, that will never change.

You lovingly handcrafted page upon page calling St. Louis an irredeemable, festering :censored: hole of perpetual despair to get a new toy. Thursdays at 5, numbnuts.