NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

12 minutes ago, STL FANATIC said:

It sure will be something if the NFL ends up seeing all three teams move. When's the last time any league showed this much instability over the span of a year or two? The NHL in the mid-90s?

The NFL in the mid-'90s: Rams and Raiders move, Browns move, Oilers move

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

The NFL in the mid-'90s: Rams and Raiders move, Browns move, Oilers move

Still hanging on the wall in my childhood bedroom of my parents house is this poster from 1995 with all 30 NFL teams.

693-1012-thickbox.jpg

It has the Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns, and Houston Oilers on it. The funniest thing is on my poster they left the city space for the Rams blank because at the time of printing they must've been unsure of where the Rams would play.. It's probably not worth anything, and mine is beat to hell, but it's still a fun snapshot of a volatile time in the league. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

Still hanging on the wall in my childhood bedroom of my parents house is this poster from 1995 with all 30 NFL teams.

693-1012-thickbox.jpg

It has the Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns, and Houston Oilers on it. The funniest thing is on my poster they left the city space for the Rams blank because at the time of printing they must've been unsure of where the Rams would play.. It's probably not worth anything, and mine is beat to hell, but it's still a fun snapshot of a volatile time in the league. 

I feel like I'm picking my teams in Madden NFL 96.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Houston Oilers looked so good. Should have been Cleveland-dealed just the same. What a loss. Instead, we got those two weird years of the Tennessee Oilers and they got rid of the name anyway.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, LMU said:

The Chase Center in SF, but the Wells Fargo Center in Philly.  Corporate sponsorships officially don't make sense anymore.

Have they ever?

Don't forget that Pepsi's headquarters are in New York yet they sponsor an arena in Denver. Meanwhile, American Airlines sponsors TWO arenas: One in Dallas and one in Miami. 

I'm just waiting for an arena/stadium to be built in Tampa Bay and sponsored by Outback Steakhouse. the Bloomin' Bowl/Bloomin' Arena! They've got a nice ring to 'em.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The main NFL relocation thread is rather large and let's be honest -- mostly about Los Angeles and the Rams. So, I thought since the Rams are officially in LA and we're now waiting for the Chargers decision (which will probably be an affirmative) that leaves the Raiders out there -- somewhere -- looking for a home.

Do they stay in Oakland? Do they move in with the 49ers? Replace the Chargers in San Diego? Or move into a new NFL market like London, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Portland -- or wherever? 

So, I guess this thread is half speculation and half news on their situation. 

32 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Looks like the Rams and Chargers have an agreement in principle to share the new stadium in Inglewood.

It's going to be hilarious when the Chargers struggle in LA. They're not going to be anywhere near as supported as the Rams are/will be. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

18 minutes ago, Josh.0 said:

The main NFL relocation thread is rather large and let's be honest -- mostly about Los Angeles and the Rams. So, I thought since the Rams are officially in LA and we're now waiting for the Chargers decision (which will probably be an affirmative) that leaves the Raiders out there -- somewhere -- looking for a home.

Do they stay in Oakland? Do they move in with the 49ers? Replace the Chargers in San Diego? Or move into a new NFL market like London, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Portland -- or wherever? 

So, I guess this thread is half speculation and half news on their situation. 

Sorry, no need for a second thread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Time for Mayor Faulconer to tell Dean and the Chargers to go screw and start negotiating with the Raiders.

I hope so. There's no reason to cave to them at this point. The Chargers made their bed in LA, I hope they sleep in it.

But they'll be in San Diego for 2016

http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/01/29/statement-dean-spanos

Just hope they're prepared for crowds like this....

a8.jpg

So the Chargers have an agreement to play in Los Angeles and land set aside for a practice facility in Orange County but will still play the year in San Diego trying to make things work.

Burning the candle at both ends, Dean. And neither of the flames seem to give a damn about you.

A year (or 14) too late in San Diego and a year behind in Los Angeles. Good luck with all that.

• Like 1

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |