duma

NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

35 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Once the Raiders get settled in Vegas...

Maybe the Niners sneak into Oakland if things can't be sorted out in Santa Clara?

The city of Santa Clara is only trying to break the 49ers management of the stadium as they are breaking curfew and making more money than the city expected.

Please read...https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/09/20/49ers-sue-santa-clara-levis-stadium-management/

27 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Once the Raiders get settled in Vegas...

Maybe the Niners sneak into Oakland if things can't be sorted out in Santa Clara?

I can't see the York's or anyone else shelling out another couple billion to build a new stadium in Oakland. They're certainly not going to play at the Coliseum Sewage Treatment Center plus there's lawsuits abound on the sale of the Coliseum property. 

Are there really FAA rules preventing Levi's from adding shade or are the Niners' owners just being cheapskates?

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Are there really FAA rules preventing Levi's from adding shade or are the Niners' owners just being cheapskates?

Most likely the latter

9 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Mostly being cheapskates. The FAA would probably prefer they roof it to get the light out of pilots eyes on bad weather approaches to SJC.

I guess Nantz and Romo dragged the Chargers "home crowd" against the Broncos all day on Sunday. And after SNF, Al Michaels referred to Carson as the "cute" stadium. Chargers are hosting the Steelers for SNF next week, and we all know Steelers fans. This whole charade is going to be showcased on a national stage. Yeesh.

EGPaV38U0AABE8J?format=jpg&name=4096x409

ojdhfzdzaw5jdqxyk9hi.jpg

EGOIC7vVAAAC86S?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Nothing will be more embarrassing than when the Black Hotel opens next year. Road fans overrunning an MLS stadium every week is a pretty big indignity. Road fans overrunning a brand-new, 65,000-seat, billion-dollar stadium built by a state in which funding public education is a loose recommendation will be the biggest indignity of all.

54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Nothing will be more embarrassing than when the Black Hotel opens next year. Road fans overrunning an MLS stadium every week is a pretty big indignity. Road fans overrunning a brand-new, 65,000-seat, billion-dollar stadium built by a state in which funding public education is a loose recommendation will be the biggest indignity of all.

Wasn't that an intetntional part of the plan though?  I hate giving them any credit, but they have to be smart enough to know that the big allure of having a team in Vegas is the guaranteed sellouts from the 'road trippers'.  Is there any reason to believe that they'd sell out from local sales by newly-converted Raider fans?

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Wasn't that an intetntional part of the plan though?  I hate giving them any credit, but they have to be smart enough to know that the big allure of having a team in Vegas is the guaranteed sellouts from the 'road trippers'.  Is there any reason to believe that they'd sell out from local sales by newly-converted Raider fans?

There's a pretty big Raiders pop-up store in McCarran Airport, so they've got that going for them.

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'm sticking my neck out on this one and positing that the Raiders effectively having no home games is Bad. They're going to have those dopey-ass IN!COM!PLETE! chants on their own drives. Great.

I thought the Golden Knights were going to be a tourist destination kind of ticket, but their fan base is awesome.  I went out last February to watch the Flyers play and it was probably 80/20 VGK to Flyers fans.

Granted, they’re good and ostensibly run incredibly well.   

Doesn't look like anything changed from the Chargers' move.

AZYvHpu.jpg

11 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I guess Nantz and Romo dragged the Chargers "home crowd" against the Broncos all day on Sunday. And after SNF, Al Michaels referred to Carson as the "cute" stadium. Chargers are hosting the Steelers for SNF next week, and we all know Steelers fans. This whole charade is going to be showcased on a national stage. Yeesh.

Reminds me of this last year:

19 hours ago, the admiral said:

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Whether it's local residents, businesses, or just ticket brokers, Raiders have sold 96% of their PSLs.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Whether it's local residents, businesses, or just ticket brokers, Raiders have sold 96% of their PSLs.

Source? Not saying this is an LA Chargers-tier disaster yet but that's a surprise. 

Edited by Red Comet

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Source? Not saying this is an LA Chargers-tier disaster yet but that's a surprise. 

Both SBJ and LV Review Journal, both stories are paywalled, but SBJ's Morning Buzzcast podcast for 10/7/19 mentioned it. Review Journal article was dated October 4.

Edited by dfwabel

On 10/7/2019 at 6:28 PM, Red Wolf said:

Doesn't look like anything changed from the Chargers' move.

AZYvHpu.jpg

What year was that though? Last 5 or so are not a fair comparison as Spanos had one foot out the door already. And Spanos’ bitch Fabiani wasn’t afraid to remind San Diegans daily.

Let's not pretend that even all Rams games are true Rams home games.  It's something that's going to happen in every 'getaway' city - LA, SD, LV, MIA, maybe SF, TB, etc.  How's Nashville been?  I'd expect that to be a semi-popular 'road trip' city for fans.  I don't think those cities anticipating needing visiting fans to fill their stadiums though.  In LV, they do (yes, apparently the seats have been sold, but IMO they wouldn't be sold if not for speculators anticipating road-trippers wanting in.)

I do remember Bears fans literally drying out bars in Nashville back in 2012.