NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2019 at 7:46 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Let's not pretend that even all Rams games are true Rams home games.  It's something that's going to happen in every 'getaway' city - LA, SD, LV, MIA, maybe SF, TB, etc.  How's Nashville been?  I'd expect that to be a semi-popular 'road trip' city for fans.  I don't think those cities anticipating needing visiting fans to fill their stadiums though.  In LV, they do (yes, apparently the seats have been sold, but IMO they wouldn't be sold if not for speculators anticipating road-trippers wanting in.)

I haven't made the trip myself, but I know a lot of Ravens fans who have traveled to Nashville over the years.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Apparently there have been 'rumors' floating around that the NFL "offered" St. Louis the Chargers. What a joke.

Ridiculous. They screwed over both St. Louis and San Diego and are offering the Chargers to get out of the terrible situation they put themselves in? I hope the Chargers go bankrupt in LA.

the user formerly known as cdclt

I'd like to see the Chargers in St. Louis. Would be nice to have an in-state rival in anything for once. If only David Glass had decided to move the Royals to the NL when they had the chance.

I'd like to see the source for this "strong rumor", though.

17 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Ridiculous. They screwed over both St. Louis and San Diego and are offering the Chargers to get out of the terrible situation they put themselves in? I hope the Chargers go bankrupt in LA.

Eh, St. Louis stole a team from Los Angeles and they got stolen back by Los Angeles. Hard to feel much sympathy about that. If St. Louis is interested in a third NFL team run by a third wretched owner, then yeah, take the Chargers I guess.

35 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I'd like to see the Chargers in St. Louis. Would be nice to have an in-state rival in anything for once. If only David Glass had decided to move the Royals to the NL when they had the chance.

I'd like to see the source for this "strong rumor", though.

The source of the rumor comes from Taylor Twellman, who is a soccer guy, so I doubt the validity of said rumor.  If it was Rapoport or Schefter, there may have been something to the rumor. 

They cannot have the Chargers continue to play in the LA market. The fanbase is completely non-existent Simply give them the relocation fee back and send them packing for San Diego once the new stadium is constructed for SDSU. Maybe San Antonio or St.Louis too.

I wish the compromise had been that Los Angeles TV rights would be split three ways between the Rams, Chargers, and Raiders, with reciprocity between Los Angeles and San Diego, but only the Rams would get to play there. The Chargers in St. Louis is just daft. Any football there would be, the stadium's a dump.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Might as well take the Bengals to St Louis. Anything to get Mike Brown and his family out of Cincinnati. That man has easily tarnished the name of his father. Paul must be spinning in his grave.

Signature intentionally left blank

28 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

They cannot have the Chargers continue to play in the LA market. The fanbase is completely non-existent Simply give them the relocation fee back and send them packing for San Diego once the new stadium is constructed for SDSU.

I still believe that, one way or another, the Chargers will be back in San Diego.

3 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

censored: You Spanos.

My guess is that the league and the other owners will lean on Spanos to sell the team, and that the new owner will return it to San Diego.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I wonder what the rule is in regard to owning multiple teams in multiple markets for NFL owners if the other team is in an NFL market?  I heard the NFL repealed that rule, but I could be wrong about that.  I say this because if Spanos is forced to sell, I wonder if Joe Tsai would be interested?  I know he wanted to be part owner of the Carolina Panthers in the Michael Rubin group, but would he go at it alone if the Chargers were for sale?  He lives in San Diego.  If that rule is still in affect, would that affect his ownership of the Brooklyn Nets?  I would not think so because they are the "Brooklyn Nets" not "New York Nets" but the NFL could be picky about these things.  They allowed Rams Owner Kroenke to transfer The Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche over to his wife and son. 

51 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

if Spanos is forced to sell, I wonder if Joe Tsai would be interested?

I didn't know that Tsai lives in San Diego. If this young, energetic, and deep-pocketed person is interested in buying the Chargers, the NFL would be foolish not to accommodate him by tweaking its rules, or else by allowing him to skirt them in the way that it allowed Kroenke to do.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived