duma

NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

Man, the logistics alone of having a team in London is an absolute nightmare. Go back to San Diego.

I really don’t get why the NFL is pushing London so much. Travel would be absolutely awful and I doubt the games sell as many tickets as the current London games because as soon as the newness wears off, ticket sales will plummet, especially if the team doesn’t have immediate success (which, in my opinion, would be nearly impossible with the travel demands on the players—if everyone is exhausted from traveling it will have a negative impact on performance)

55 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Man, the logistics alone of having a team in London is an absolute nightmare. Go back to San Diego.

I agree but I heard the best solution I've heard on the radio today (for a Jacksonville/London combo though). Play 4 consecutive games in London, become "London's" team, and have a HUGE home field advantage since you'd be acclimated for at least games 2 through 4. 

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Well if they won't move back where they belong in San Diego, they may as well move to London. And, the whole charging horse and shield work well there too. London Chargers. 

Pretty much feel the same. I’d rather they had left San Diego to go be trailblazers where they’ll also be appreciated ten have them languish as enemy Los Angeles’ 9th or 10th favorite team.

London Chargers please, keep the same identity because it works so well and isn’t area specific either. 

I'm telling you ... add a 17th regular game to the schedule, schedule 8 games in both London and Mexico City (or a combination of other locations) and sell season tickets like any other market. 

But, as far as the Chargers go, I bet you within 5 years the Spanos will (basically be forced) sell the team to someone who will move them back to San Diego.

Go back to San Diego where you belong.

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

This. I mean, wasn't there a MAJOR scandal a couple years ago about people in Hollywood abusing their power in the most horrific ways? I still go to the movies occasionally and I'm sure a lot of you all do too.

Bad example, since not a single person in the NFL has faced any consequences for their actions.  And the behavior continues to this very day.  So the comparison breaks down very quickly.   And it’s also silly to equate the criminal actions of isolated individuals (most of whom lost their jobs upon discovery) with the corporate policy of an organization.

When people start going to Harvey Weinstein movies again, or if you can demonstrate that sexual harassment was the actual policy of every Hollywood studio, your analogy will kinda fit.  Sort of.  Maybe.  

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

I would like to see how the new XFL will pan out.

If we have to look towards Vince McMahon for fair and honest treatment of workers, then we’re really in trouble.  😛

46 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

@jmac11281, I’m sorry for your loss.  I can’t even begin to imagine what you’re going through. 

Thank you. It's been hell and I hate to see these former athletes and their families go through it.

1 hour ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

London Chargers please, keep the same identity because it works so well and isn’t area specific either. 

Actually disagree. Chargers is San Diego specific due to 54 years of it being so. And it has been one of many missteps by the team to have not rebranded already. Not rebranding a second time to a new UK specific identity would be repeating the error. 

2 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Actually disagree. Chargers is San Diego specific due to 54 years of it being so. And it has been one of many missteps by the team to have not rebranded already. Not rebranding a second time to a new UK specific identity would be repeating the error. 

Um the name originated when they were in LA...

6 minutes ago, dont care said:

Yes for all of 6 months. There’s a reason Angelenos won’t come watch them, the press ignores them, the broadcasters/player/officials etc... keep saying San Diego week after week. The Chargers name is synonymous with San Diego. The brand has no attachment to, nor cache in LA.

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

Technically true, still in no way are the Chargers Los Angeles. No way.