duma

NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

This. Right here. This is it. 

Soccer was something I really didn't understand before my current job, and it came across as so boring. But now I see that it's basically like baseball, but in reverse. In baseball, there isn't much that goes on, but it's all strategy trying to set things up when nothing is happening. It's boring as all hell if you don't understand that, but that's fantastic if you understand the purpose. No sport holds my attention better than baseball specifically for that reason. Soccer has a TON going on, but it seems like nothing is happening. But in the same sense, it's all setting up a certain strategy. Now that I better "Get" the whole purpose? There isn't much that I enjoy more than soccer. 

If I'm being totally honest, being a Vikings fan also helped me reach my breaking point with the NFL. It's a certain kind of madness to endure five heartbreaking NFC title game defeats that leave you emotionally drained. You start to ask yourself: why do I do this? So I just declared myself done. If the Vikings lose on Sunday? Fine. If they win? Fine. And should they finally make it to the Super Bowl for the first time since I was three-months old, I have no problem jumping on the bandwagon at that point. There's no fan council to tell me I'm a fraud. I have no one to answer to but myself. 

And man, not giving a :censored:'s really made a difference. Sundays are kinda nice now. 

16 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

If I'm being totally honest, being a Vikings fan also helped me reach my breaking point with the NFL. It's a certain kind of madness to endure five heartbreaking NFC title game defeats that leave you emotionally drained. You start to ask yourself: why do I do this? So I just declared myself done. If the Vikings lose on Sunday? Fine. If they win? Fine. And should they finally make it to the Super Bowl for the first time since I was three-months old, I have no problem jumping on the bandwagon at that point. There's no fan council to tell me I'm a fraud. I have no one to answer to but myself. 

And man, not giving a :censored:'s really made a difference. Sundays are kinda nice now. 

Yeah, I think I just might sort of understand what you mean. I'm not Patfan56, after all. 

I watch NFL up and until the Bills are out of contention. Some years that's significantly earlier than others.