NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The real answer is 99% of the random corner pizza places serve good, consistent wings. Pizza has a lot more variability. It's like trying to make a living selling crappy tacos in LA... you just wouldn't make it.

Imma use that someday. 😁 

2 hours ago, B-Rich said:

"Without the Vikings and Twins, we'd just be a cold Omaha."
                --- Hubert H. Humphrey, in describing  Minneapolis/St. Paul

The former Vice President and US Senator (and later, namesake of a publicly-owned stadium) was spot-on, and I believe succinctly sums up the situation as to why cities try to get in on "being in the big leagues", and why they try to stay as a "big league city".  

Wonder what he'd say about Omaha these days (which itself is pretty dang cold--but not "America's Freezer" cold like MN)...I must say, they've been doing pretty well for themselves down there in the downtown zone and out west toward Boys Town. Saw if for myself last summer...I was not prepared for all that.

But I guess they still got the College World Series to kick around ye olde water cooler, eh??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Wonder what he'd say about Omaha these days (which itself is pretty dang cold--but not "America's Freezer" cold like MN)...I must say, they've been doing pretty well for themselves down there in the downtown zone and out west toward Boys Town. Saw if for myself last summer...I was not prepared for all that.

I drove through Lincoln once and found it delightful. There's a lot of nothing through Illinois, Missouri and Iowa, but Nebraska was surprisingly verdant and pleasant.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

But I guess they still got the College World Series to kick around ye olde water cooler, eh??

Omaha also has a pretty nice park for the AAA Storm Chasers. I think they do pretty well.

BB52Big.jpg

23 hours ago, who do you think said:

> This city has SPORTS!!, so imagine how good their school systems, museums, and nightlife must be!

lmao what

Nobody said that. If you're going to be deliberately obtuse about a specific post the least you could do is have the stones to quote me. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 3/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, Red Comet said:

I think working from home is going to be a great equalizer long-term. People won’t have to work in Seattle or Boston or whatever high-priced locale if they can do the same job with the same efficiency in a place like Buffalo or Pittsburgh instead. My hometown is already proof of that because now $300k isn’t a mansion, it’s an upper-middle class house if that. 

I've heard this narrative throughout the pandemic, but I think it's a bit overblown. Only 1 in 4 people actually work remotely, and that will decrease as more companies return to in person work. Even if someone does have the ability to work remotely, they might have significant others who don't.

Also, most people have other ties to where they live besides their job. They have family & friends close to them, or just enjoy the lifestyle of living where they do. I've read multiple stories of people who decided to move away from the city to smaller, cheaper places during the pandemic, and were miserable within months.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:00 PM, spartacat_12 said:

Also, most people have other ties to where they live besides their job. They have family & friends close to them, or just enjoy the lifestyle of living where they do. I've read multiple stories of people who decided to move away from the city to smaller, cheaper places during the pandemic, and were miserable within months.

Among the things I hate about this country is deracination as a virtue: the idea that you can and should leave your family and friends behind to go live in a condo in Nashville. I like the idea of being from somewhere and of somewhere, not just bouncing around and sneering about lower taxes and gas prices in some southern state or another where they're still mad at gays. To tie it back to the thread, if I don't like it when random people move to Nashville, imagine how much I hate that the entire Houston Oilers franchise did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Among the things I hate about this country is deracination as a virtue: the idea that you can and should leave your family and friends behind to go live in a condo in Nashville. I like the idea of being from somewhere and of somewhere, not just bouncing around and sneering about lower taxes and gas prices in some southern state or another where they're still mad at gays. To tie it back to the thread, if I don't like it when random people move to Nashville, imagine how much I hate that the entire Houston Oilers franchise did.

Which one are you?

R.38de65c595004c8dc0ee5f0845973fb9?rik=g

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 4/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Which one are you?

R.38de65c595004c8dc0ee5f0845973fb9?rik=g

Funny, I've always read his posts in Daniel Stern's voice, but assumed he looked like a young Dennis Quaid.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 4/2/2022 at 9:33 PM, the admiral said:

Damn, man...what the hell did Nashville do to you?😯

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived