NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Purple and gold goes well with the Lakers and Vikings both teams that went from the Twin Cities to LA.

Well, that's it. Time to load up the moving trucks...

It's all but a done deal. These legislators carried out the will of the people. Good for them.

This should be the last season of Vikings football in Minnesota. I'll be weird, but so be it. Almost a billion dollars for ten games a year? Not worth it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well Purple and gold goes well with the Lakers and Vikings both teams that went from the Twin Cities to LA.

It's all but a done deal. These legislators carried out the will of the people. Good for them.

This should be the last season of Vikings football in Minnesota. I'll be weird, but so be it. Almost a billion dollars for ten games a year? Not worth it.

I'd be more convinced about this if it wasn't an election year.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd be more convinced about this if it wasn't an election year.

Also, there's no where to go...

Yes, LA has some interim options, but if they want a team sooner than later, someone may want to organize that interim set-up while they figure out what sort of permanent situation they're going to have.

If Wilf plans on selling I hope he tries for an owner willing to stay in Minnesota. I mean I don't know all the logistics that goes into making a stadium deal go through. But if your own state's governor wants the team to stay, only for the lousy house of reps to shoot it down.

Such a stupid, backwards ass way of doing it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

If Wilf plans on selling I hope he tries for an owner willing to stay in Minnesota. I mean I don't know all the logistics that goes into making a stadium deal go through. But if your own state's governor wants the team to stay, only for the lousy house of reps to shoot it down.

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying the single person that is the Governor should outweigh the decisions of the larger governing body?

I think most state governors would react similarly. It's not his decision to make, and he's a fan, so of course he's in favor of it. If the decision is made by government, it should absolutely fall to a House of Representatives or a Senate rather than just the Governor.

In my opinion, anyways.

I'm pretty sure if a similar situation arises in Missouri, you'd see something similar. A Governor who would wildly support a stadium plan to keep the team, but a representative body that would have to be convinced it's the right move for the state. And while the sports fan in me says "yes! yes! listen to the Governor!" the citizen in me believes letting a group of individuals look at it responsibly from a financial standpoint is the smarter decision. (That doesn't, of course, mean they'll arrive at the right decision, though.)

<br />From ESPN, FWIW:<br /><br /><a href='http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7830779/nfl-exec-says-minnesota-vikings-options-stadium-bid' class='bbc_url' target='_blank' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Vikings "Out of Options," Says NFL Exec</a><br /><br />I'm hoping that the NFL doesn't try to expedite any possible Vikes' departure from Minnesota. I'm really hoping that they work something out there.<br /><br />Interesting dream, as well, if true.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Convenient that the NFL's spokesperson forgot one option: Building it your own (private) money.

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying the single person that is the Governor should outweigh the decisions of the larger governing body?

STL's right. I'd much rather put these types of decisions in the hands of legislative bodies, who are (theoretically, at least) closer and therfore more responsive to their constituents. You only need look across the Mississippi to see how much damage one bad governor can inflict on a state.

STL's right. I'd much rather put these types of decisions in the hands of legislative bodies, who are (theoretically, at least) closer and therfore more responsive to their constituents. You only need look across the Mississippi to see how much damage one bad governor can inflict on a state.

I was confused when I read Era's post. I mean, that is how America has done things since the start.I guess ass backwards is in the eye of the beholder.

So Zigi Wilf & Roger Goodell met in Southern California, recently...

Looking like Minnesota might wanna get the lead out, because their prospects of keeping the Vikings are getting worse & worse with each passing day.

EDIT: Had a link but I botched it. It's on SbNation's Minnesota site.

So Zigi Wilf & Roger Goodell met in Southern California, recently...

Looking like Minnesota might wanna get the lead out, because their prospects of keeping the Vikings are getting worse & worse with each passing day.

EDIT: Had a link but I botched it. It's on SbNation's Minnesota site.

Hope this helps Flame,

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7836485/roger-goodell-minnesota-gov-mark-dayton-leaders-act-year-stadium

baltimoreravens.png

Archived