NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

I think the biggest thing is that they really don't want to waste Los Angeles on the Vikings. Minnesota has shown that it is a good market which can feverishly support a team. Only two teams can move to LA, and it would be really short-sighted if the league scorched the earth in Minnesota while leaving teams for dead in St. Louis and Jacksonville.

I think you might be right there.

The Rams staying in St. Louis would be "leaving a team for dead"?

I don't think anybody who matters believes that one.

That may have been a bit of hyperbole, but even with good owners, I don't know that St. Louis can ever be as good of a situation as Minnesota already is for the Vikings. We will see how the STL stadium deal works out, but at this time my uneducated guess would be that they are offered nothing above renovations to a subpar stadium. I think the NFL wants to stay in Minnesota, would stay in St. Louis, and can't get the hell out quickly enough from Jacksonville.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the biggest thing is that they really don't want to waste Los Angeles on the Vikings. Minnesota has shown that it is a good market which can feverishly support a team. Only two teams can move to LA, and it would be really short-sighted if the league scorched the earth in Minnesota while leaving teams for dead in St. Louis and Jacksonville.

OK, the Rams aren't dead, they're just the victims of benign neglect by the St. Louis fanbase. I'm sure those bandwagoning fair-weather so-called fans that apparently are just waiting for a Super Bowl trip to re-emerge can find some sock monkey or another to assuage their loss. Hey Mizzou joined the SEC...that's big time enough.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That may have been a bit of hyperbole, but even with good owners, I don't know that St. Louis can ever be as good of a situation as Minnesota already is for the Vikings. We will see how the STL stadium deal works out, but at this time my uneducated guess would be that they are offered nothing above renovations to a subpar stadium. I think the NFL wants to stay in Minnesota, would stay in St. Louis, and can't get the hell out quickly enough from Jacksonville.

I can agree that the NFL probably puts Minnesota above St. Louis.

I'm pretty sure they want to stay in St. Louis, too, though. Again, Goodell has a strong history of supporting St. Louis as an NFL market.

As for what they'll be offered, renovations is definitely all they'll be offered, and it's also all they want I'm fairly sure. At issue is how grand the renovations will be. It's too bad we don't know more about what the Rams have proposed so far.

OK, the Rams aren't dead, they're just the victims of benign neglect by the St. Louis fanbase. I'm sure those bandwagoning fair-weather so-called fans that apparently are just waiting for a Super Bowl trip to re-emerge can find some sock monkey or another to assuage their loss. Hey Mizzou joined the SEC...that's big time enough.

I tend to agree with rams80. I'm relatively unbiased...a Chicagoan Packers fan who just happens to live in St. Louis...and I don't know ONE person who's more into the Rams than the St. Louis Baseball Cardinals. Most of those Cardinals-preferers only follow the Rams in passing. I know more about the Rams than everybody at my office of 50+ people. I've been to four Rams games in my few years here, and I've never seen an even almost-full stadium, and by my estimations, I've never seen more than a 70/30 split in favor of the Rams. Matter of fact, I scored free tickets to the Bears game a couple seasons ago, and it looked like a Rams road game.

In my experience, people in St. Louis live and die by the Cards' success, and kinda think it'd be nice if the Rams did okay this year.

I could debate you guys but it'd be the same old conversation. Instead, I'll just say that I really hope St. Louis gets the chance to prove you wrong. We'll see.

I'm not really sure what there is to debate. At least from my perspective anyway. I want the Rams to succeed. I want the NFL to stay in St. Louis. I'd love for St. Louis fans to "prove me wrong." All I did was post experiences I've had. You can't debate what I've seen firsthand.

Of course, you may be speaking to other posters. If that's the case, keep calm and carry on.

I could debate you guys but it'd be the same old conversation. Instead, I'll just say that I really hope St. Louis gets the chance to prove you wrong. We'll see.

I'm not really sure what there is to debate. At least from my perspective anyway. I want the Rams to succeed. I want the NFL to stay in St. Louis. I'd love for St. Louis fans to "prove me wrong." All I did was post experiences I've had. You can't debate what I've seen firsthand.

Of course, you may be speaking to other posters. If that's the case, keep calm and carry on.

Well, you posted your experiences to back a perspective that St. Louis largely doesn't care. I can't debate your experiences, but I can debate your perspective with my own experiences and other facts (as well as theories).

But I've done all that before, so I'm gonna save my energy this time. Doesn't much make a difference at this point. Just hoping STL gets a further shot.

Things got a little more dire in Oakland today. Looks like the state of California is going to go after the redevelopment money that Oakland is currently using to study the feasibility of a new stadium for the Raiders at the Coliseum site. (For those that don't know California did away with all redevelopment agencies and absorbed their money as of last June 28th. Any projects started after that date the state is arguing must be cancelled and the funds or land involved transferred to the broke ass state. This includes potentially the money being used to fund the Coliseum City stadium studies and the land in San Jose that would be used for the Oakland A's new San Jose ballpark. Screwing both the Raiders and A's.

http://www.marinij.com/ci_20562249/state-controller-seeks-return-redevelopment-agency-property-assets

Things got a little more dire in Oakland today. Looks like the state of California is going to go after the redevelopment money that Oakland is currently using to study the feasibility of a new stadium for the Raiders at the Coliseum site. (For those that don't know California did away with all redevelopment agencies and absorbed their money as of last June 28th. Any projects started after that date the state is arguing must be cancelled and the funds or land involved transferred to the broke ass state. This includes potentially the money being used to fund the Coliseum City stadium studies and the land in San Jose that would be used for the Oakland A's new San Jose ballpark. Screwing both the Raiders and A's.

http://www.marinij.com/ci_20562249/state-controller-seeks-return-redevelopment-agency-property-assets

Things may get more dire in Minnesota today/tomorrow. Or they may start looking up. The House is currently debating on a stadium bill...rumors and guesses are rampant. Who the hell knows? Just wake me when it's decided.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Vikings stadium bill just passed the Minnesota House 73-58. Yay.

You failed to state the key part.

The passed bill cut the state's share from $293M to $105M and for the Vikings now pay $523M and an amendment with a Super Bowl promise also failed.

Yeah they miss out on all the extra :censored: that comes along with getting a new Stadium. So what. I'm sure Viking fans don't care that they won't get to host a Super Bowl or an NCAA Basketball Regional/Final.

This is one step towards staying in Minnesota, and that's all that matters.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

As I said earlier in the thread, the deals keep getting worse and worse for the Vikings and they have yet to flinch, so maybe they take this, too. Seems like either they or the NFL really, really want to stay in Minnesota. We'll see if an extra $188 million makes a difference where the downgraded sites didn't.

Barring an interfering development, the Rams proposal to the CVC will become public some time on monday.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/missouri-ag-plans-to-make-dome-plan-public/article_8ba482b6-9893-11e1-9d72-0019bb30f31a.html

Need to clarify. Monday, May 14. He's giving time for judge's to look the matter over, I believe. So a week from today.

The judge has already looked it over. Appears that the AG's ruling is difinitive:

Attorney General Chris Koster and Patricia Churchill, his chief counsel of government affairs, said in a letter sent today to St. Louis Circuit Judge Bryan Hettenbach that the state will release the documents ?by the close of business on Monday, May 14.?

Hettenbach is overseeing a legal dispute about the records between the CVC and the Post-Dispatch. Lawyers for the Rams and the CVC were also sent copies of the state letter.