2015 Indiana Pacers Redesign

Ross_Shafer

Nice work here overall! I like the primary logo, and the changes you made in the update are a huge improvement. The Indiana logo is great as well--I'd buy a shirt with that on it. I do have several suggestions, though...

- I'd remove the silver from the roundel logo, since you didn't use it anywhere else.

- I'd simplify the southern part of the state in the Indiana logo a little bit. Those super detailed lines would be hard to reproduce.

- Change the wordmarks on the baselines of the court to yellow to match the roundel logo at center court.

- While I love the FloJos, I'd like to see you make more of an attempt to modernize them, rather than replicate them with the new typeface. Personally, I was never a fan of how the jersey and shorts stripes didn't line up.

- Maybe you could incorporate the darker yellow into the uniforms somehow, since it's so prominent in the logo.

Thanks so much for the comments!

Again, see above for my comments regarding the flo jos. I personally am a fan of how they don't line up. Its very unique to the pacers, and helps it to separate from a lot of other jerseys around the league.

Art Director at Lodge Design • Indianapolis, IN

- - - - - - - - - -

www.wechoosetogotothemoondesign.com

I think the uniforms look 40 years before the logos. I'd say go all modern or all retro. All the logos are a thing of beauty though.

I think thats the goal. Finding a balance between both. They might not be there yet, but I don't believe going one direction (all modern or all retro) is the solution. The Pacers have an amazing story to tell, and they're still telling that story. I want my design to reflect that.

Art Director at Lodge Design • Indianapolis, IN

- - - - - - - - - -

www.wechoosetogotothemoondesign.com

Excellent redesign! I really like how the Pacers' past identities are preserved, yet modernized. Very well-executed.

The only suggestions I haven't seen mentioned already are 1) shrink the uniform numbers, especially the front ones, and 2) try flipping the navy and white text on the alternates so that the lettering and numbering is navy with a white drop shadow. Just a couple thoughts!

Thanks so much for all the C&C. I'll definitely this stuff into consideration.

I originally didn't connect the ball to the lines because I thought it kinda killed the depth I was trying to create. That was pretty early on the process so I hadn't thought about it much since, buts I definitely think its an improvement now.

I tried to stay away from 500 stuff, I know Pacers has roots in horse/auto racing but I wanted their brand to live on their own. Things I decided to focus more on (in the secondary logos) was the state of indiana (indiana's game, indiana's team) and 1967 (ABA roots). I had a version where the ball is striped more like the ABA ball, but I thought that might be overkill.

3136o9c.jpg

2cxjpc2.jpg

5o87md.jpg

2m2uv77.jpg

4qllaq.jpg

11rygde.jpg

kdab90.jpg

This set is soo much better. Loving the Flo jo revisions.
shado_logo.gif

Archived