Sixers announce new uniform for 2015-16

BBTV

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they went with Franklin...

Franklin the Dog, not Ben Franklin. The mascot "for kids, designed by kids". Yuck.

Still better than a moose though!

SixersFranklin-750x400.jpgw

Well Franklin does have some flaws his face he doesn't seem to look like a dog he looks like a donkey rather than a dog.

There's a huge gulf between "one of the top five most important NBA players in the immediate post-MJ era" and "one of the most culturally-important athletes of all time". And Iverson falls right into it.

Let's talk about this here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102424-culturally-important-sports-players/

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The 78 uniforms I hope is what it most resembles

81985570_8.jpg

Elite-Daily-70s-Nets.jpg

^ why I don't think the 76ers should go in that direction, especially since the Nets are bringing back those side stripes for their alt.

But it will help ease the transition to Newark. :)

Since the Nets abandoned the color scheme and the Sixers presumably would have stars and stripes on both sides, I think they could pull it off.

Didn't the originals exist at the same time?

^ why I don't think the 76ers should go in that direction, especially since the Nets are bringing back those side stripes for their alt.

But it will help ease the transition to Newark. :)

Since the Nets abandoned the color scheme and the Sixers presumably would have stars and stripes on both sides, I think they could pull it off.

Didn't the originals exist at the same time?

The years were 1972/74-19771, the colors were red/white/blue, the stars were on the sides:

Elite-Daily-70s-Nets.jpg

(1972-81, 1984-90)

uniform_7677.jpg

(1971-76)

uniform_7176.jpg

(1976-77)

bullets1.jpg

(1974-87)

And, the team that beat all the above to it, the ABA's Los Angeles Stars:

WiseBackCBeasleyShotWarren.JPG

(1968-70)

1To be fair, this was around the time of the U.S.'s bicentennial

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

allen-iverson-philly-gear.jpg

I'll never understand why the Sixers didn't drop the black immediately upon introducing this jersey. I really liked the Iverson-era look, but I do think that moving away from their traditional colors was a mistake. I thought that this jersey was the best of both worlds and a step on the right path, and I was disappointed that they never really followed up on this.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I'll never understand why the Sixers didn't drop the black immediately upon introducing this jersey. I really liked the Iverson-era look, but I do think that moving away from their traditional colors was a mistake. I thought that this jersey was the best of both worlds and a step on the right path, and I was disappointed that they never really followed up on this.

I'd personally like to see a red version of that uniform. That being said, the blue version is definitely superior to the bland blacks. Just like that logo is superior to the "retro" one they use now.

That thing is a couple inches away from being a 2015 sleeved jersey.

Archived