NFL Concept Helmets

buckeye

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The presentation is good, and there are maybe two good designs, but the rest are just awful. Can anyone possibly think the Texans helmet looks good? Just because someone knows how to use Photoshop to slap some logos on a helmet with some different color patterns doesn't mean the concept is good. The worst part is that this got a link on CNN. Is there no other news?

I'd recommend posting a link to these boards in their comments on CNN, but then those people who like those will end up here...

...and now they're on ESPN. Link: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-helmets150218/check-bold-unofficial-alternate-nfl-helmets?ex_cid=sportscenterFB

No credit to Fraser for the template (though that's expected nowadays), and a bunch of thrown together designs. No way he spent more than 5 minutes on each one. Good to know the general public appreciates this drivel over some of the outstanding work that comes out of the boards.

For some reason I like the Miami Dolphins one, but I am not sure why.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I'm really, really mad about this. All the good work, designers, and ideas on these boards, most of which gets less recognition than it deserves, and this is the stuff that spreads like wildfire and gets the attention of everyone and their mamas. CCSLC is one of, if not only online community that openly and interactively fosters sports design creativity, and even the most inexperienced designers can improve through input. But sure, anyone can slap logos on a (stolen) template, add in a few gradients, type in your Twitter handle, and get your 15 minutes of fame. I truly feel like one of the experienced designers on here post a good concept, along with one of these "things", and see which one gets more attention.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I don't think the person who made these helmets understands that the logos on the helmets are just stickers. The logos are WAY too big. These aren't that great just over the top.

These don't deserve any attention.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

The design process seems to be enlarge logo, add texture/gradient, and fill with secondary color. For all it's worth, the Panthers and Chargers hemets look pretty nice, but there is no way these designs should be getting the attention they are. This is the NFL, not some college doing some alternate for a bowl game. It's really annoying to see all these crappy concepts getting all this attention when so many users on here put more effort into their designs, as well as putting out thoughtful designs that aren't just following the latest trends, whether or not the trends look good. I also remember seeing mrdesignjunkie's college uniforms, which made me vomit a little, but they got a lot of publicity for some reason.

CottonBowl_zpsf43ff307.png

I actually like a lot of these, and the following I would want to see in real life

Cardinals

Bears

Browns

Chargers

Chiefs

Cowboys

Dolphins

Eagles... yes, my Eagles

Jags

Lions

Packers

Panthers

Patriots

Ravens

Redskins

Steelers

IMO the rest should be killed with fire

tinysig.jpg

...and now they're on ESPN. Link: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-helmets150218/check-bold-unofficial-alternate-nfl-helmets?ex_cid=sportscenterFB

No credit to Fraser for the template (though that's expected nowadays), and a bunch of thrown together designs. No way he spent more than 5 minutes on each one. Good to know the general public appreciates this drivel over some of the outstanding work that comes out of the boards.

It actually irritates me that most of my friends on twitter drool over this..and since they all know I love to do it they show me and expect me to agree with them and go nuts. I want to know who saw it first and why they decided to share it. One second on a site like behance or dribbble and you could show something every single hour of every single day like this.

It also irritates me his site had so much activity today that it crashed, but I'd eat it all up to if I was in his shoes.

I got an CBS Sports notification on my phone saying this was breaking news. In that case this entire site is full of breaking news.

"You play to win the game...Hello. You play to win the game." - Herman Edwards

"We talkin' bout practice?" - A.I.

"What’s that? Ah — playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game." - Jim Mora

It really disappoints me that these are considered the greatest helmets to ESPN and everyone that doesn't understand a true concept. I really wish the great designers on the forums get publicity and recognition like this. Unfortunately that won't happen. I guess we will have to settle with these people. And by the way, I have talked to the guy who makes these on Instagram and he said that he takes about 15 minutes or less on his designs. That's just disappointing.

I'm gonna make a proposal:

We can easily just get any concepts attention by sharing them a crap load. This is how this crap ever got attention. My proposal is for Chris (fair warning this may be asking a lot). What if the forum had their own social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to share only the great concept threads on the forums. This is where it starts to ask a lot. To make sure only the greatest concepts get chosen, a feature might have to added to the site. Users would now be given a rating based on their C&C for others as well as how great their own work is. Then a new thread would be created only allowing users with a high enough rating to access to be able to vote on who's work to showcase on the new social media accounts for the forums. You'll be able to follow these accounts and you'll be able to share the work that truly needs the attention.

This is based on an idea which I had. We can decide on a user who did a way better job with redesigning NFL helmets on the forums. Those who appose to this crap work can share the link in protest then on a site like Twitter we can @ ESPN, the NFL and Bleacher Report to finally show them something that isn't a complete pile of crap for once.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived