NFL Concept Helmets

buckeye

^ That sounds like a good idea to me. I don't use social media so I don't know much about it and that's why I'm asking this question. When on twitter and you tweet something @ESPN (for example) does that send the message to that user? If not, what purpose does it serve?

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now on the front page of cbssports.com

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I thought I was the only one who saw this crap appear on their social media page.

If these people truly think those concepts are great, they'd probably explode if they ever laid their eyes on these forums. Why can't we just comment links to related material on this site? Link a bunch of actual NFL redesigns on these CBS,ESPN, Chive, etc comments section. Actually scratch that... we don't need any immature new members.

^ That sounds like a good idea to me. I don't use social media so I don't know much about it and that's why I'm asking this question. When on twitter and you tweet something @ESPN (for example) does that send the message to that user? If not, what purpose does it serve?

It sends the accounts @'ed a notification. Also big companies like ESPN have people in charge of their social media who go through almost everything said about them.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I'm gonna make a proposal:

We can easily just get any concepts attention by sharing them a crap load. This is how this crap ever got attention. My proposal is for Chris (fair warning this may be asking a lot). What if the forum had their own social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to share only the great concept threads on the forums. This is where it starts to ask a lot. To make sure only the greatest concepts get chosen, a feature might have to added to the site. Users would now be given a rating based on their C&C for others as well as how great their own work is. Then a new thread would be created only allowing users with a high enough rating to access to be able to vote on who's work to showcase on the new social media accounts for the forums. You'll be able to follow these accounts and you'll be able to share the work that truly needs the attention.

This is based on an idea which I had. We can decide on a user who did a way better job with redesigning NFL helmets on the forums. Those who appose to this crap work can share the link in protest then on a site like Twitter we can @ ESPN, the NFL and Bleacher Report to finally show them something that isn't a complete pile of crap for once.

To be fair, Chris has been posting some concepts on the Twitter for a time now, (I know at least he posted on of my NBAXSOCCER concepts last summer, still appreciate that.) but I do think that we need to get some of our best works into the great big world outside of CCSLC.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

A three year old could design those helmets better. This comming from the racing fan

That made me laugh! Nascar designs are so redundant its just nauseating. Lets see, add some hoops here and then run numbers across a color change with no stroke to break it. Yeah... I hear ya. And these are mostly crap.

A three year old could design those helmets better. This comming from the racing fan

That made me laugh! Nascar designs are so redundant its just nauseating. Lets see, add some hoops here and then run numbers across a color change with no stroke to break it. Yeah... I hear ya. And these are mostly crap.
uh at least they are different for each driver

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

We can easily just get any concepts attention by sharing them a crap load. This is how this crap ever got attention. My proposal is for Chris (fair warning this may be asking a lot). What if the forum had their own social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to share only the great concept threads on the forums. This is where it starts to ask a lot. To make sure only the greatest concepts get chosen, a feature might have to added to the site. Users would now be given a rating based on their C&C for others as well as how great their own work is. Then a new thread would be created only allowing users with a high enough rating to access to be able to vote on who's work to showcase on the new social media accounts for the forums. You'll be able to follow these accounts and you'll be able to share the work that truly needs the attention.

This is based on an idea which I had. We can decide on a user who did a way better job with redesigning NFL helmets on the forums. Those who appose to this crap work can share the link in protest then on a site like Twitter we can @ ESPN, the NFL and Bleacher Report to finally show them something that isn't a complete pile of crap for once.

i think it would be more powerful if multiple accounts shared the work rather than one, or running through some sort of judging system. more eyes, more people. my proposal would be if you see something here you like, share the link. leave the spewing of EVERYTHING out there to Phil Heken and UniSwag. curate for quality. share the stuff you like that is high quality and maybe we can get a hashtag behind it. #CCSLC or #CreamerConcepts. something like that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I've been a member for about a decade now. I see many (of you) designers on this very forum work their ASSES off for years upon years for one moment in the spotlight. So of the tens-of-thousands concepts I've come across, THIS pile of sh1t gets all the glory?!?! Nahhhh. I'm sorry, but that work is amateur-hour and if that guy posted his work in here, he would get straight-up laughed to the curb. In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever seen someone's work garner more social media attention than this guy had received. What the hell am I missing here???

However, I sill say it's good to see Frazier Davidson is getting his due (Fox Sports Live). ESPN, CBS and all those other sites should be giving mega-talented artists like him the free pub.

6uXNWAo.png

i think it would be more powerful if multiple accounts shared the work rather than one, or running through some sort of judging system. more eyes, more people. my proposal would be if you see something here you like, share the link. leave the spewing of EVERYTHING out there to Phil Heken and UniSwag. curate for quality. share the stuff you like that is high quality and maybe we can get a hashtag behind it. #CCSLC or #CreamerConcepts. something like that.

I agree with this wholely. So I took the liberties of starting the CCSLB hashtag on Instagram with the remaining concepts that I haven't deleted.

Also, there's a couple of us on Instagram that's been monitoring for months and giving a little heads up to the 15 minutes of famers on there that don't deserve it at all.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

What bothers me the most about these is the hundreds of people commenting on the sites who really have no idea what good design is. Someone will comment and say "Not Impressed" and the reply to that will usually be "You're just a hater, when you are featured on ESPN, you can have an opinion" or something like "I bet you can't do better" Yet, dozens of artists on here do better than that every single day. Those who don't know design see something different and think it's the greatest thing ever. We look at it and see they changed the color and made the logo bigger.

I would be completely up for using social media to promote those who are much more deserving of recognition.

These just showed up the ESPN home page. Calling it an "instant awesome". Couldn't disagree more.

I saw this too, and vomited in my mouth when I read "Instant Awesome".

The actual designs are not terrible, just not my cup of tea. What bothers me about this whole thing is how the rest of the world thinks they are so great, while design junkies like us, disagree. It's kind of like telling a foody how great McDonald's is.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

I am appalled to see how much attention this concept received.

Some of the helmets (like the Panthers, Patriots and Lions ones) were actually decent but a majority of them looked like lazy attempts to create a modern helmet.

Most of them were overscaled, had a crappy color scheme or the logo was a bit out of place.

But seeing how much quality content comes out of these concept boards that aren't receiving the amount of acknowledgement from big name websites that this concept got from like BleacherReport and CBS Sports is saddening. Compared to some concepts on these boards, this looks like something a 3-year old would do. I like the presentation but it definitely does not deserve the hype it receives.

The thing is not the concept, it's the fact that it's on a 3D template.... (or at least I think)

Most people don't realize that there are templates that can make realistic looking concepts.

I agree, I think the presentation is good,but if you change the template the whole project goes down the drain.

Archived