NFL Concept Helmets

buckeye

I'm gonna make a proposal:

We can easily just get any concepts attention by sharing them a crap load. This is how this crap ever got attention. My proposal is for Chris (fair warning this may be asking a lot). What if the forum had their own social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) to share only the great concept threads on the forums. This is where it starts to ask a lot. To make sure only the greatest concepts get chosen, a feature might have to added to the site. Users would now be given a rating based on their C&C for others as well as how great their own work is. Then a new thread would be created only allowing users with a high enough rating to access to be able to vote on who's work to showcase on the new social media accounts for the forums. You'll be able to follow these accounts and you'll be able to share the work that truly needs the attention.

This is based on an idea which I had. We can decide on a user who did a way better job with redesigning NFL helmets on the forums. Those who appose to this crap work can share the link in protest then on a site like Twitter we can @ ESPN, the NFL and Bleacher Report to finally show them something that isn't a complete pile of crap for once.

i think it would be more powerful if multiple accounts shared the work rather than one, or running through some sort of judging system. more eyes, more people. my proposal would be if you see something here you like, share the link. leave the spewing of EVERYTHING out there to Phil Heken and UniSwag. curate for quality. share the stuff you like that is high quality and maybe we can get a hashtag behind it. #CCSLC or #CreamerConcepts. something like that.

A hashtag is great idea. The only reason I said to make separate social media accounts was to make it easier to follow instead of having to look up the hashtag every time. If these shares go wide spread then it could also generate decent revenue.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These just showed up the ESPN home page. Calling it an "instant awesome". Couldn't disagree more.

I saw this too, and vomited in my mouth when I read "Instant Awesome".

The actual designs are not terrible, just not my cup of tea. What bothers me about this whole thing is how the rest of the world thinks they are so great, while design junkies like us, disagree. It's kind of like telling a foody how great McDonald's is.

Yeah, that's what happened with the Bucs, Jags, and UW, Syracuse, ect. The fans who care nothing about it are the ones that get appreciated by Nike, not the ones like us who care about it. All these crazy designs - gradient helmets, fill-in sleeves, ect.- are there because of the fans who just like to watch football and don't care about this kinda stuff. That's what really annoys me.

The presentation is Fraser's template. All this guy did was fill bucket then slap a logo and maybe a texture/gradient on it.

That's like me buying a Vette, putting a new badge on it, and then inferring that I built the whole thing by myself. I never explicitly said it was my creation, but I never thanked the manufacturer for providing what is basically the entirety of the project. Extreme, sure, but it's the first analogy that came to mind.

And people wonder why there's a lack of good PSD templates out there... ;)

I am not a creator but an admitted user of the work some have offered here from time to time and am amazed at the audacity that some have and the total lack of respect for another's efforts and work. I commented on a number of the posts on google+ about the lack of effort it took to put those helmets together as well as noted that the site owner should verify that Fraser authorizes his use of the template for promoting his site and/or work. There were 5-6 posts and all had similar comments, the amazing, great work, etc. etc. Almost seemed to be the same person using multiple possible fake accounts to push the site. Did try to go to the site to see if I could leave a comment but it seems to be down.

my dad showed it me on msn. all i thought that whole time, is how many people here are going to get mad

ive had numerous people link it to me too and they all love it. it blows my mind.

i dont want it to sound like an attack on the guy himself; he did nothing "wrong" as far as creating something and putting it out there. thats great although i advise when you use someone else's template to atleast give them credit for that. whats so mind boggling is that the entire world seems to love the work. that makes my eyes sad.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

^I think if you've been sent a link to these concepts by anyone, send them back BrandMoore's latest work. It's really good stuff. Be sure to include where you got it from, too.

Another thought on how to get more of our stuff out there: Getting your work posted on Twitter is nice, but maybe there should be a weekly or biweekly post on maybe the main site or somewhere showing the best of the Concepts section in that timeframe.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived